PDA

View Full Version : Good-bye, Tomorrow is Yesterday

jms60t5
03-31-2013, 10:13 AM
When I moved to Illinois in 1991, the first thing I did was locate the nearby hobby/rpg shops. Tomorrow is Yesterday was the best of the bunch, in Rockford, Il. For years, I drove up there and (like all of us) spent a ton on RPG materials -- because they had them. Miniatures, paints, books, used books, and some gaming tables -- plus comics and so forth. It had atmosphere, it felt personal.
Because of health reasons, I hadn't gotten a chance to get up there in 3 or 4 years. I just discovered that, a little while ago, they've shut down and converted into a straight-up comics shop under a new name.
Like others who have posted, I lament the passing of a brilliant, personal, welcome-home RPG shop.

tilt
03-31-2013, 10:30 AM
Unfortunately that is the way that the world goes. In Copenhagen we have the world oldest (active) comic shop. They still sport RPGs, board games and lots of great literature - however I don't live nearby anymore and it's a lot cheaper and easier to shop online - so it's been a long time since I visited. If their prices were better and the web shop more informative I might by there again.

Diamond
03-31-2013, 03:14 PM
There's a comic shop that I've been going to for about 7 years; even though it's now pretty inconvenient to get to I still try to get over there once or twice a month, operating under the superstition that if I don't continue to do so, they'll go under.