PDA

View Full Version : New guy, saying hi.

Scruffy
04-04-2013, 09:24 PM
Hi everyone, thought I'd introduce myself.

Scruffy is just my online handle, my real name is Tom and I'm in my mid 30's, married with a couple of little 'uns running around. I'm a long time fan of imaginary worlds, AD&D 2nd Edition was where I got myself truly hooked and spent endless hours playing and drawing maps of castles, dungeons and kingdoms. I'm a fan of fantasy video games but more recently I find I mostly enjoy them as inspiration for my real world imaginary world designs.

I found CG over on G+ where via some RPG communities I saw some professional maps and people talking about how they make them. And I thought, "I'll have a go at that!" And attached is my first effort, and as an absolute Photoshop beginner I'm very happy with my 6 hours work (what a great tutorial). I learned a lot and I'm excited to get to work on the next one!

My current RPG work in progress is a medieval fantasy (mythology really) with a focus on, kingdoms, dungeons, heraldry, knights, archers, falconry, mythological creature, politics... When I'm ready and my skills are there I'll be creating a world map, but for now - one step at a time.

Cheers

Lejonhjärta
04-04-2013, 09:50 PM
Hello and welcome Scruffy, I am new around here too.

very nice map, the cloudy sea texture and tree canopy looks great :)

arsheesh
04-04-2013, 10:21 PM
Welcome to the Guild Scruffy! Nice job Saddranesqe map. Sounds like given your interests and you are going to fit right in here. Look forward to seeing more of your work in the future.

Cheers,
-Arsheesh

mearrin69
04-05-2013, 02:42 AM
Welcome to the Guild! Have some rep for posting a nice-looking map your first time out! Looking forward to seeing where you go with your work.
M

Scruffy
04-05-2013, 01:55 PM
Thanks for the welcome!