PDA

View Full Version : Mini tutorial on photoshop trees

Ascension
06-21-2008, 12:50 AM
So after much consternation with trees (on a regional scale), I finally sat down and tried to do something about it. I hope this lil tutlet will give you some ideas, at least, of how to accomplish the tree-making part of mapping. Adapt and change them as you wish since I probably will to, this is just my starting point.

Cheers

Edit June 25, 2008: I tweaked the whole process so I rewrote the tutorial and included a pattern used in therein.

GlassSphere
06-21-2008, 06:00 AM
This looks really good, I was wondering how you made these in your other map. This gives me a few more ideas for making jungle trees. Thanks!

Ascension
06-23-2008, 07:57 PM
Since I'm pretty new to this forum stuff I don't know how to replace the tutorial document with a new one but here's a screenie of my new process. It's a bit more involved but the results are much better, I think. Once the tut is reworked I'll upload the brush and pattern. Then again, I need some input so lemme know what y'all think.

jfrazierjr
06-23-2008, 10:33 PM
Since I'm pretty new to this forum stuff I don't know how to replace the tutorial document with a new one but here's a screenie of my new process. It's a bit more involved but the results are much better, I think. Once the tut is reworked I'll upload the brush and pattern. Then again, I need some input so lemme know what y'all think.

This is sweet. I would rep you, but I need to spread some more around first. Any chance of something like this at double or triple res? This would be very nice at a larger size to use in a Virtual Table Top like maptool.

Joe

Ascension
06-24-2008, 12:26 AM
Sure, it's a WIP (as you can see by the unfinished baron's manor) so I'll post it over in the town/city mapping forum.

RobA
06-24-2008, 10:31 AM

You can just use the Manage Attachments menu (click on the paperclip in advanced edit mode) in the original post. you can upload a file with the same name and it will replace the old one, or delete the old one and upload a new one.

-Rob A>

Ascension
06-25-2008, 11:23 PM
Thank you RobA, I needed that. So the rewrite is done and you can all have a go at her if ya want.

Steel General
07-10-2008, 11:13 AM
OK, I'm a bit confused (no big surprise) :?

Which file do you make the Photoshop Brush out of. If you try to follow step 1of the tuorial you cannot move the black layer below the trees (or at least I couldn't figure out how).

A little help please?

OK - Nevermind, I figured it out. Can't use a .jpg