PDA

View Full Version : Saeras City Map

Valarian
06-21-2008, 06:25 PM
An attempt at the bitmap style in CC3. The buildings don't quite fit I think and I'm looking forward to the City Designer 3 release. Let me know what you think.

NeonKnight
06-21-2008, 07:20 PM
You map contains errors :(

CC3 has an issue with when saving PNG maps they often have errors for others to download.

This is fixable by merely opening and then saving again in other graphics program like GIMP or Photoshop.

Either that save the map as a JPEG.

Otherwise it looks cool and I would love to see it larger.

Sigurd
06-22-2008, 02:19 AM
CC3 has an issue with when saving PNG maps they often have errors for others to download..

Thats what I get too.

I find that hugely disappointing! I bought CC3 but I stopped using it when their third patch screwed up my computer. (I think it was their 3rd?) Not being able to share your work in PNG format is a huge problem - I'm amazed they haven't fixed it yet.

Sigurd

NeonKnight
06-22-2008, 02:27 AM
As I said, it's not a huge deal. Simple open/resave in another program for PNG.

Valarian
06-22-2008, 09:09 AM
Sorry 'bout that. Hopefully it's now fixed. This could explain why I've had some problems with images directly exported from CC3 when using them in Fantasy Grounds.

Sigurd
06-22-2008, 11:05 AM
I like it. I like the "woodyness" of the town buildings and the semi chaotic layout.

Your choice of different towers makes me think the town expects danger from the south.

Nice map. Thanks.

Sigurd

Ascension
06-22-2008, 12:29 PM
I like it as well and I'm wondering, do all of those buildings come as standard shapes or did you draw them all out? If they come standard then I could quit screwing around with trying to make photoshop towns and save vast amounts of time.

Valarian
06-22-2008, 01:04 PM
They're standard symbols in the City Designer add-on and are from the Fantasy and Default symbol sets. Saeras is a small city, but has a high proportion of magic users (that's what the towers inside the city are) and boasts a powerful church (south gate) and a major monastry (north gate). The City Designer add-on also has a function where you can generate streets of random houses.