PDA

View Full Version : Experimental town, WIP

Ascension
06-24-2008, 12:08 AM
This is a town that I've been trying out all sorts of techniques on, it has no function other than that. I started with trying to figure out how to put in river banks (1 night), then fields (1 night), then trees (2 nights) so now its on to the things like buildings, walls, river waves, etc. JFJ wanted to see it full size so here it is, 2000 X 2000 jpg at 3.7 megs (the original psd file is 137 megs so far). Note that this is a small to medium sized town and not a city so the buildings do not abutt each other.

Ciao 4 now

jfrazierjr
06-24-2008, 08:33 AM
This is a town that I've been trying out all sorts of techniques on, it has no function other than that. I started with trying to figure out how to put in river banks (1 night), then fields (1 night), then trees (2 nights) so now its on to the things like buildings, walls, river waves, etc. JFJ wanted to see it full size so here it is, 2000 X 2000 jpg at 3.7 megs (the original psd file is 137 megs so far). Note that this is a small to medium sized town and not a city so the buildings do not abutt each other.

Ciao 4 now

OMG, what a great piece.

Dislikes: the hard black lines between the fields and paths is rather jarring to me. Would prefer to see them gone or much softer IMO.

Joe

NeonKnight
06-24-2008, 09:29 AM
It is indeed a beautiful map except for.....No Scale Bar :(

I need the Scale bar. Otherwise I can;t tell how large a building is.

Ascension
06-24-2008, 05:25 PM
That black line between the fields is going to be the base for one of those stone fence things or maybe a hedgerow. The scale is 1 pixel = 2 feet, scalebars, compasses (or is it compassi), and text come last (for me) since I'm still working my way through creating techniques and styles and what not.

Anywho, cheers

Ghalev
07-01-2008, 03:01 PM
I particularly like the fields.