PDA

View Full Version : Siam (At the beginning of the Chakri Dynasty)

sukritact
05-11-2013, 01:14 PM
Well, this is my first post here,

Anyway, I'm unsure how this map will be received given that it is both historical and non-geographical (hopefully I can make something more to the tastes of this forum in the future). The map was made for and in the style of the game Civilization V. It's a map of the Siam before the western powers scarfed up a lot of land around it, leaving the uncolonised Thailand the shape it is today.

For those wondering, the year is in the Thai Buddhist Calendar, which is 543 years faster than the Gregorian calendar.

Made in Photoshop.

Schwarzkreuz
05-11-2013, 01:22 PM
You dont need to pull of something to the taste of the forum. At least I hope that we all have different taste and opinions, so dont worry.

Diamond
05-11-2013, 04:34 PM
Yep, what SK said.

That is a beautiful piece of work; have some rep and welcome to the Guild!

Chashio
05-11-2013, 06:28 PM
Welcome! Oh, that's beautiful! I'm curious what the circular image overlays are from... some sort of old seal or other art or something you put together? It's very nice... Rep from me too.

sukritact
05-11-2013, 09:53 PM
Thank you for the rep and for the comments! I'm glad the style's ok because I have a bunch of other maps in the same style :D!

Welcome! Oh, that's beautiful! I'm curious what the circular image overlays are from... some sort of old seal or other art or something you put together? It's very nice... Rep from me too.

They're seals, the one in the ocean is the seal of the province of Suphan Buri, and the one in Siam is an old royal seal.

jbgibson
05-11-2013, 10:53 PM
Brilliant! Very much to my taste :-). Rep both for a beautiful map, and for being willing to contribute right from the start. And in case you couldn't hear it loud and clear from others, yes we would love to see more of your work.

Bogie
05-12-2013, 12:21 AM
Excellent, great art! Welcome to the Guild!