PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed V Black Flag Preorder Map - TheRedEpic

TheRedEpic
05-12-2013, 11:31 AM
Hey Guys,

Its been a while and its been mad busy, but just wanted to post up the map i did for Assassin's Creed Black Flag. You can get it when you pre-order the game:) It was 12 days of hell to make, but definitely a good experience. Thanks to my buddy Schley for handing off the assignment in the first place:) This was the final rendition that Ubisoft accepted, though it went through about 10 renditions before i got to this.

Comments and Crits Welcome!
~Jared

Schwarzkreuz
05-12-2013, 11:52 AM
Very different from your other maps but also a very nice job done. I like the small maps of keylocations on the corners of the map, but somehow miss the lack of details seen in other maps done by you, like designelements and more icons/locations. Congratulations to this great Commission.

TheRedEpic
05-12-2013, 12:47 PM
Heya, thanks!

I agree, the original was much more detailed, but coupled with the committee that was art directing this thing, and what they needed for the upcoming game, they reigned in the detail big time! I did what they wanted, and thats the name of the game:)

~J

- Max -
05-12-2013, 01:18 PM
Nice job as always, simple and effective!

Hydeyulse
10-07-2014, 10:16 AM
Thank you for posting this information!)

TimPaul
10-08-2014, 11:38 AM
Heya, thanks!

I agree, the original was much more detailed, but coupled with the committee that was art directing this thing, and what they needed for the upcoming game, they reigned in the detail big time! I did what they wanted, and thats the name of the game:)

~J

Thank you. So many struggling artists seem to think there is never any compromise. Yes there is, if you want to build a career.