PDA

View Full Version : Underground level of Castle Neryss (A handout map for my players)

true-chaotic
06-24-2008, 12:49 PM
Plain old Dungeon Generator + some Photoshop.
It would be better to spend more time on it though...
Also, first post on this forum. Hi, everyone :)

jfrazierjr
06-24-2008, 12:58 PM
Plain old Dungeon Generator + some Photoshop.
It would be better to spend more time on it though...
Also, first post on this forum. Hi, everyone :)

Welcome to the guild true-chaotic! Looks good. I would try to make the tears in the pages a bit more irregular though. They all look like they were cut by scissors rather than torn. Of course, if this is what your after, then they are perfect. Second, I assume this is lying on a table? If so, your wood grain seems a bit orangish.

I like how the lines are kind of fuzzy and a bit wavy, like it might have been hand sketched (perhaps by someone drinking and drawing at the same time...heh)

Joe

true-chaotic
06-24-2008, 01:10 PM
You're right about the tears in the pages, they're too regular. :)
True, as the story goes, the map was hand-sketched and given to the players by that castle's former owner. Poor fellow really, one of the players, after helping him to conquer the castle back, caused him to fall from that castle's tallest tower... I love my players.

RobA
06-24-2008, 02:30 PM
Welcome aboard!

You might want to check out the March 2008 Challenge Results (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=1724) to see what people managed with a "plain old dungeon generator" :P

-Rob A>

ravells
06-24-2008, 02:54 PM
Hi and welcome to the Guild True-chaotic. You're three months too late as you will see from RobA's link in the post above! Enjoy your stay and happy mapping!

Ravs

NeonKnight
06-25-2008, 02:35 AM
Welcome aboard.

Doirche
06-27-2008, 07:34 AM
Glad to have you here. Welcome! :)