PDA

View Full Version : commission boards

vorropohaiah
05-22-2013, 04:41 AM
Hi there, I was wondering if there's any way we could make a pop-up with posting guidelines that posters need to accept before proceeding to fill out their commission request thread? mabny posters are ignoring the guidelines and i think many never get back with their email address, and since new members can send/receive PM's they tend to disappear. or maybe the PM rule can be relaxed?

Schwarzkreuz
05-22-2013, 04:55 AM
I agree with Vorro, lately some request occured where the requester was forgetting to send in contact details or mad very uninformative and difuse requests.

Chashio
05-22-2013, 11:41 AM
A lot of people have their browsers set against pop-ups.

vorropohaiah
05-23-2013, 01:32 AM
i meant pop-up as a catch-all thing, perhaps it could be a 'warning page' like non-members get when they try to look at pics on some forums, telling them they need to register. this would give them the necessary guidelines

Schwarzkreuz
05-24-2013, 08:06 AM
I still agree that maybe some form of Structure would be usefull so the Request can be more usefull set for booth Commissioners and Mappers. Right now its often a mess, with some people always reminding the posters to please read the guidlines.

RobA
05-24-2013, 01:34 PM
I'll take a look and see what options are possible with the forum software, and discuss it with the other folks behind the scenes.

I can appreciate the issue.

I know we will not be lifting the pm restriction anytime soon, as we have had issues with PM spamming for new members.

-Rob A>