PDA

View Full Version : The Universe of After Earth

torstan
05-24-2013, 06:16 PM
I've not been around for a while - and this is the reason this time :)

I'm talking to the guys there about what I can share directly, but you can check out the live site with my four interactive maps of the After Earth universe over here:

After Earth: Universe Maps (http://www.afterearthmaps.com/)

Woot! Mapping for Will Smith!

I couldn't use any space images as stock in this, so the maps are all hand drawn from scratch.

Sapiento
05-25-2013, 07:18 AM
Very impressive!

arsheesh
05-25-2013, 07:49 AM
Wow, that must have taken forever! Nice work, and congrats on the commission.

Cheers,
-Arsheesh

Korash
05-25-2013, 10:46 AM
You know, I really wasn't planning on going to this movie, but seeing as you worked on a part of it I just GOTTA!!. If it doesn't break any NDC, how representative are these maps of the technological look to the film? I ask because they do create a look in my mind and if it is not at all I might have to change my mind about going to the film.

VERY nicely done, and I hope you get more work along those lines :D

PS. Not that you need it it but have some more rep for all that work :D

torstan
05-25-2013, 02:44 PM
These are for the expanded universe around the film. The look and feel is quite different from the film itself. Thanks for the rep!

Bogie
05-25-2013, 04:24 PM
Fantastic artwork! Cool Commission!

Diamond
05-25-2013, 07:52 PM
Anything related to Will Smith and his krazy kult gets an automatic thumbs down from me, but as Korash said, since you're involved in it, I may watch it, at least on Netflix. :D

Jaxilon
05-25-2013, 08:13 PM
Awesome job Torstan! After reading all the popups on the map about the arks it makes me want to see the movie even more.