PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

jimtaylor
05-31-2013, 11:12 AM
Hey everybody! New guy here. I have been drawing fictional maps since I was very little. It was something I really enjoyed and so it has carried over into my adult life. Besides actually creating it, I like creating the back stories and history to what I create.

Up to this point I have always just drawn my maps by hand but after coming across this forum, I have started scanning some of those in and updating them using gimp. The results have been awesome. I love the ability to change something without having to erase it and essentially destroy the map!

jtougas
05-31-2013, 11:17 AM
Welcome to the Guild. One of the best features of digital mapping is the ability to edit (and re-edit and re-edit etc etc) a map without destroying any of the stuff you really like. I look forward to seeing your work. :)

jimtaylor
06-02-2013, 06:26 PM
Welcome to the Guild. One of the best features of digital mapping is the ability to edit (and re-edit and re-edit etc etc) a map without destroying any of the stuff you really like. I look forward to seeing your work. :) Thanks, it's already been a wonder having that ability.

arsheesh
06-06-2013, 02:52 AM
Welcome to the Guild jimtaylor!

Cheers,
-Arsheesh