PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Finland

AleksiHietanen
06-07-2013, 09:08 AM
Hi,

I have been checking this site out for a while now and admiring all the amazing maps you guys have created. I recently started my own big fantasy map project and would like to thank all of you for the inspiration! I'm really excited to become a member of this community and look forward to sharing my own work here in the future and getting constructive feedback. Nice to meet you all :)

Here's some work in progress:

Cheers,

Aleksi Hietanen

- Max -
06-07-2013, 09:51 AM
Welcome to the Guild Aleksi :) Best place to have feedback, advices and critics is the WIP section. Go open a thread there with your project ;)

AleksiHietanen
06-07-2013, 01:06 PM
Hi Max and thanks for welcoming me here! I just took a look at your maps and they are incredible! I'll open a project thread to the WIP section soon :)

- Max -
06-07-2013, 01:21 PM
Thanks Aleksi :) Looking forward to see your WIP!

arsheesh
06-08-2013, 06:15 AM
Welcome to the Guild Aleksi! You are off to a wonderful start.

Cheers,
-Arsheesh

AleksiHietanen
06-09-2013, 04:07 PM
Thank you Arshees and nice to meet you!

I tried to open my thread to the WIP section a couple of days ago but got a message saying that my post would have to be approved by a moderator before it would be shown. It's been two days already so I thought I just messed something up. I just re-wrote the post but got the same message.. Any idea how long it should take for a moderator to review my post? Moreover, why can I post here without any review but not in the WIP section? I'm confused :S

Thanks,

Aleksi

arsheesh
06-09-2013, 05:23 PM
Thank you Arshees and nice to meet you!

I tried to open my thread to the WIP section a couple of days ago but got a message saying that my post would have to be approved by a moderator before it would be shown. It's been two days already so I thought I just messed something up. I just re-wrote the post but got the same message.. Any idea how long it should take for a moderator to review my post? Moreover, why can I post here without any review but not in the WIP section? I'm confused :S

Thanks,

Aleksi

Hi Aleski,

Huh, that is very strange, I checked the moderated posts section and could not find your post. I will talk this over with the other Community Leaders and see if we can figure out what seems to be the problem. Get back to you soon.

Cheers,
-Arsheesh

arsheesh
06-09-2013, 07:47 PM
Hi there Aleksi, just an FYI, your WIP thread had already been approved, which is why I didn't see it in the moderators section. You can find it here (http://www.cartographersguild.com/regional-world-mapping/23636-another-another-first-map-project.html#post218037).

AleksiHietanen
06-10-2013, 06:05 PM
Hi there Aleksi, just an FYI, your WIP thread had already been approved, which is why I didn't see it in the moderators section. You can find it here (http://www.cartographersguild.com/regional-world-mapping/23636-another-another-first-map-project.html#post218037).

I still can't find the thread, when following the link I get the following message: "vBulletin Message Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator". Anyway, thank you for taking the time to help :)

AleksiHietanen
06-10-2013, 06:09 PM
It seems that now almost anything I post needs to be approved. I just tried to reply to this thread with a quote and got the same message.. And I still can't find the WIP thread. When I open your link I get "vBulletin Message
Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator". Anyway, thank you for your effort to help :)

arsheesh
06-10-2013, 07:33 PM
Oh no, that's no good at all. I'll take this up with the other CLs (I'm a bit new to this) and hopefully we can get it sorted for you shortly.

Cheers,
-Arsheesh

AleksiHietanen
06-11-2013, 05:09 AM
Arsheesh,

I don't know what you did but everything seems to be working finally! Would give you more rep but can't yet since I already did :) Thanks for helping me out!

Cheers,

Aleksi

arsheesh
06-11-2013, 07:26 PM
Well all I did was tell the other CLs about it so one of them must have fixed it, but in any event I'm glad to here that we've got this issue taken care of for you.

Cheers,
-Arsheesh