PDA

View Full Version : New Guy

The Tabulae
06-07-2013, 05:11 PM
Hi im new and i have no idea what im doing. Im wanting to create a map for my book but have no idea how to do it correctly and well.

jtougas
06-07-2013, 06:12 PM
Welcome. You should first check out the tutorial section and see if you can find a tutorial to match the kind of style you like. :)

Billy277
06-08-2013, 12:07 AM
Hey there, Tabulae. I'm new today as well, so don't feel too worried. There's other people feeling the same way. :)

arsheesh
06-08-2013, 07:22 AM
Welcome to the Guild! As JT suggested, the tutorials section is a great place to begin. If you do not have any digital software then you can also download GIMP for free. While not quiet as powerful as Photoshop, it is perhaps the best freeware graphics program around. There are also several tutorials here written for it. If you have Photoshop, even better, there are heaps of tutorials here for Photoshop as well. Once you've gone through and found a tutorial you'd like to go through, post up a WIP and ask for feedback (or ask any questions you may have). This is a good way to learn new tips and tricks to improve your skill.

Cheers,
-Arsheesh