PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed?

Bunny
06-15-2013, 05:23 AM
I apologize ahead of time if this is the wrong place to post something like this! Please let me know if I should have posted this somewhere else. :)

So, I'm doing a map for a MUX (Multi User Experience - a role playing text environment) that is based on a book series called Kushiel's Debut. It's not been requested of me, but I'd like to do something pretty, since I play there and truly enjoy it. So, the series itself has a map already:

Though I'm not entirely sure this particular map is from the books themselves, but it's what's used, or a version of it.

Now comes to the part I need help on! I'd love to make mine more specialer (yes, specialer is a word in my world). So far I've made the outline:

What I would really love is some vine-like boarder around, where the lighter green border is? I can't seem to find a mix of vine-like and masculine, though hopefully that's not too vague.

If anyone has any ideas I would really, really love to hear them!

Thank you!! <3

pentaclegram
06-17-2013, 05:01 PM
This post reminded me of THIS (http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100308012635/sot/images/4/45/New_world_map.jpg).

Also, you could do pillars covered in vines. It'd still give a strong, masculine feel while having said vines.

Bunny
06-23-2013, 04:16 AM
Thank you so much, pentaclegram! That's a great idea. :)

tilt
06-23-2013, 05:56 AM
Hello Bunny, I've moved your thread to the right forum - the map making request forum is for wanting people to make maps for you. This forum is for wanting help and advice on how to make your own :) Good luck with the map :)

Viking
06-23-2013, 11:13 PM
Maybe try angular vine designs that lack fine delicacy somehow. Perhaps take a look at cletic and norse designs.