PDA

View Full Version : Hi!

Hidden Asbestos
06-17-2013, 05:47 PM
Hi, I'm David Walters from the UK.

My interest in maps comes both from role playing games and Earth when viewed from orbit (I'm a space nerd too).

I'm not much of an artist but I've always enjoy technical drawing and as a games progammer I've constructed several hundred maps for a strategy game I created (Blood, Grain and Steel).

I've recently developed a piece of software called Grid Cartographer (http://www.davidwaltersdevelopment.com/tools/gridcart/) which you can use for drawing maps on a grid. Initially it was developed for old cRPG games like Wizardry and Might & Magic - but I hope to broaden it's appeal with new features if I can.

aminowrimo
06-17-2013, 06:38 PM
Welcome! I can't wait to see what maps you post.

Unfortuantely I don't believe I can utilize Grid Cartographer, as I'm a mac user, but it looks awesome all the same!

Jasonomicon
06-17-2013, 10:11 PM
Hi David, I was just checking out grid cartographer, seems really cool, i'll be picking up the pro version later this week. Anyway just wanted to give you kudos for a cool bit a software. Cheers!

Hidden Asbestos
06-18-2013, 03:32 AM
Hi David, I was just checking out grid cartographer, seems really cool, i'll be picking up the pro version later this week. Anyway just wanted to give you kudos for a cool bit a software. Cheers!
Thanks very much!

Welcome! I can't wait to see what maps you post.

Unfortuantely I don't believe I can utilize Grid Cartographer, as I'm a mac user, but it looks awesome all the same!

Yeah, sorry it's Windows only for now :(

You've also reminded me that I've not posted a picture of the sort of thing you can make with Grid Cartographer!

Larb
06-18-2013, 10:23 AM
Grid Cartographer is a useful little program. Also welcome!

Also Super Box Factory looks entertaining.

arsheesh
06-18-2013, 05:16 PM
Welcome to the Guild David! Nice little program that. Look forward to seeing the work you do with it, and/or other programs.

Cheers,
-Arsheesh

Hidden Asbestos
06-18-2013, 07:01 PM
Welcome to the Guild David! Nice little program that. Look forward to seeing the work you do with it, and/or other programs.
Thanks, it's a nice atmosphere here!

Miranda Hartrampf
06-20-2013, 12:09 AM
Welcome to the guild! That program looks neat - nice example thanks for posting it!