PDA

View Full Version : Waddup

Jasonomicon
06-17-2013, 11:08 PM
Whats up everyone, my name is Jason. I've been digging through the webpage over the last couple of weeks admiring everyone's art. I am a part-time hobbyist game developer and a full-time daydreamer when I'm at my real job. I've been obsessing over maps since I was a little kid. I enjoy the art of cartography first and foremost and hope to learn from all of your beautiful creations.

Although I plan on learning some more Photoshop and Illustrator(CS5) to create some maps digitally, first and foremost i love working with my hands, pencil and ink.

Thanks to everyone for sharing your worlds and thanks for allowing me to explore them!

Meshon
06-18-2013, 10:17 AM
Jason, welcome to the guild! It will be good to see any maps you care to share; I started with hand-drawn maps back in the day but I've been using digital tools so long I kind of forget how great it can be to do hand-made work.

cheers,
Meshon

arsheesh
06-18-2013, 05:13 PM
Welcome to the Guild Jason! You are in good company, many of us here are fellow day-dreamers and we are all map lovers. Look forward to seeing your hand drawn work too btw.

Cheers,
-Arsheesh

Miranda Hartrampf
06-20-2013, 12:07 AM
Welcome to the guild! Can't wait to see some of you hand drawn work! And best of luck on your endeavors to learn Photoshop and illustrator! (illustrator still confuses me - i also need to take some time to figure out what i'm doing with that program!)