PDA

View Full Version : Getting around to the forest and jungles and stuff

hamtheguy1
06-19-2013, 02:42 PM
So I kept playing with campaign cartographer and I put down where I want the major forest, that green area is where I want to put a massive forest. That area with the light green trees that are growing in the mountains is a highland jungle. I just wanted to know if I had everything in the right place or not and any additional tips would be much appreciated. If I helps I included a map of the whole world.

55513 55511

aminowrimo
06-19-2013, 08:13 PM
Personally I think you ought to add a few more rivers. Trees do need a lot of water, and having a forest without any water near its center doesn't strike me as being particularly realistic. But definitely look up other maps and real world examples to see how things look. Otherwise, It looks pretty good.

What's this map for?

hamtheguy1
06-19-2013, 08:36 PM
Personally I think you ought to add a few more rivers. Trees do need a lot of water, and having a forest without any water near its center doesn't strike me as being particularly realistic. But definitely look up other maps and real world examples to see how things look. Otherwise, It looks pretty good.

What's this map for?

My map is for a world that I created a while ago and I really want to write a book about some of the people and their adventures, and the lore and stuff and I wanted a map so that I can really track the movement of the characters and I wanted the world to look like nature crafted it instead of some kid that knows nothing about mapping, thank you for you feed back :)

aminowrimo
06-19-2013, 10:59 PM
Sounds like a great endeavor! I'm looking forward to see how you finish this map. :)

cfds
06-21-2013, 03:54 AM
I am not sure if the argument "trees need rivers" is really absolute. At least deciduous forests take most of their water from rain soaking the ground and the rivers you find there are more a result of a common cause than causality in either direction. It does not change the fact that you usually find rivers in forest, though.