PDA

View Full Version : Jungle for VTT

Gamerprinter
06-30-2008, 03:27 AM
Playing with some tropical vegetation... a Jungle map for VTT...

GP

RPMiller
06-30-2008, 12:02 PM
Nice! This one lays much nicer with the feathering. Well done. There does seem to be an artifact of some sort to the right and down of center. There is a sort of grass patch with a sharp edge.

Also there is a pixel halo around the palm trees that disconnects them from the map.

I love that green water! That is just down right pretty. Is that a single texture or a layer effect? I would love a copy of that texture if that is what it is.

Gamerprinter
06-30-2008, 12:18 PM
I see those discrepancies now, I did this very late last night and missed those errors - will fix them tonight.

I will also upload my palm tree map objects into the mapping elements forum for those who want to use them.

RP, that is a layer effect with 2 different textures and transparency applied, however, I can easily convert this into a single texture. I'll do this for you tonight as well.

GP

RPMiller
06-30-2008, 12:33 PM
Awesome! Thanks.

jfrazierjr
06-30-2008, 12:41 PM
I like the cliffs, it's a little touch that kind of maps the map area stand out "just" a bit. I really dig the ferns (could you make those available as well?) and the smaller wispy ground vegetation is very nice. There is something about the palm trees I don't like though, but not sure what. A bit plasticy so to speak, perhaps it's the halo RP mentioned?

Joe

Gamerprinter
06-30-2008, 12:51 PM
Here's the green water texture! 200 ppi PNG file.

GP

PS: tell me if you need it larger.

RPMiller
06-30-2008, 12:55 PM
That doesn't appear to be tilable. :(

Drakecoinus
12-13-2011, 06:28 PM
This is perfect now to figure out how to make a 1000 miles of it to surround my Island ..lol (which in fact is a very large Volcano...)

tilt
12-14-2011, 05:21 AM
RPMiller - here is a tileable version, however it doesn't work as well tiled - the pattern is too small imho :)

and now I'm looking at i again, I could have smoothed the light greens some more - well, it was a quick job. *lol*