PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Tetrasodium

Tetrasodium
06-26-2013, 10:13 PM
Howdy everyone :) I have been visiting the site for sometime now and thought it was about time i said hello.

I'm just a young fella with big ideas from Auckland, New Zealand.

What first got me looking at cartography were the maps found in fantasy books - especially Feist's Midkemia and Tolkien's Middle Earth. I jumped on the ol google machine, which pointed me in this direction, and here i am!

I love how this forum is so positive, friendly and helpful. It looks like a great place for someone like me, with minimal skill to get the motivation and help to give it a go.

See you all around the forums.

arsheesh
06-27-2013, 06:36 PM
Welcome to the Guild Tetrasodium! I'm actually a U.S. transplant living in Auckland (well, recently moved to the Albany area, but close enough anyway). Nice to see a Kiwi on the site. There are some great tutorials here that can help you get your feet wet. Let us know if you have any questions about anything.

Cheers,
-Arsheesh

Tetrasodium
06-27-2013, 08:00 PM
Cheers Arsheesh. I am a born and bred North Shore fello myself, currently living in Birkdale :D

robertevansmith
06-27-2013, 10:46 PM
I would love to move to New Zealand! Seriously!

arsheesh
06-28-2013, 02:19 AM
Cheers Arsheesh. I am a born and bred North Shore fello myself, currently living in Birkdale :D

This shore is definitely nicer ;).

I would love to move to New Zealand! Seriously!

Definitely has its perks. Course if you're from the U.S. then you'd be moving to a place where your purchasing power is greatly reduced and the cost of living is fairly high.