PDA

View Full Version : [HELP] Image upload problems

Pablo Diablo
06-30-2008, 02:06 PM
Trying to post a large (3.4meg) image in my thread:

http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?p=24705#post24705

As described in my post, the upload manager crunches away for a minute or two, and then goes blank white (and hangs?)... This happens across multiple attempts.

Any words of wisdom? Has anyone else encountered this problem? Is there a fix to it? I'm wary of shrinking the file, as it is a very large map, and a good deal of the detail will be lost.

PD

NeonKnight
06-30-2008, 02:10 PM
Not sure, I kinda suck at these types of issues. Could be an internet issue (i noticed when I was posting a reply to your other thread it chugged away for a while before going white screen, yet my reply went out.

torstan
06-30-2008, 02:13 PM
Are you running any torrent software as that can really maul your upload rate.

I'm not seeing any issues with the site myself.

Pablo Diablo
06-30-2008, 02:18 PM
Nope. bittorrent is not currently running.

If all else fails, I might try photobucket or somesuch and just but an external link in...

Arcana
06-30-2008, 02:35 PM
Not sure, but what are the dimensions of the image you're trying to upload? I imagine the trouble is in the thumbnail creation process...We're still having an unresolved issue with the site making thumbnails of really big images (dimension-wise not file size wise).

Pablo Diablo
06-30-2008, 02:47 PM
Dimensions weigh in at 6000 x 7800 pixels.

Is there a way to circumvent? Or for me to attached a pre-made thumb?

PD

Arcana
06-30-2008, 02:49 PM
Thats the workaround I'm currently trying to figure out myself...There's nothing I've seen that allows you to pre-thumb though :(

Imageshack or something may be your best bet for now...Sadly...I am working on it though.