PDA

View Full Version : [Unpaid] Crests

Bane
07-04-2013, 07:36 PM
I know these are only tangentially related to cartography, but since I saw so many good crests made for maps here, I thought I could give it a try. :)

A need a number of main Crests for different clans, and some others that are related to these main crests.
It doesn't need to be really that pompous, is just that I cannot draw. :(

Still, hope someone can help me. :)

Thanks!

Jacktannery
07-06-2013, 11:47 AM
I made these four fantasy crests as part of a commission. I'm not sure if this is what you had in mind - perhaps you wanted something less fantasy-based. What are these for by the way? - your own personal use or a commercial project?

55882 55883 55884 55885

Bane
07-06-2013, 07:19 PM
Hello.

These are very beautiful crests! But what I need is way simpler, actually. :\
More like the shield with a 2D animal painted on it, some have one or another detail but is essentially just the 'shadow' of an animal for each.

I need them to represent the different clans in my novel, so it probably will see commercial use.

Jacktannery
07-06-2013, 07:31 PM
I recommend you make these yourself. Do a google image search for 'blank shield' and download a very simple and plain one, then do a google image search for 'heraldry animal' and download one that is out of copyright (ie a copy of an old crest, not a modern image belonging to an artist). Then combine the two images in a programme such as windows paint. Should be pretty simple.

Bane
07-06-2013, 07:50 PM
Yeah, that could work as a placeholder, but some of the insignias are a little bit specific (like a Rabbit holding a gold coin with both hands and biting it).
I'll try my best though.

Thank you for your advice. :)

Miranda Hartrampf
07-06-2013, 08:59 PM
these are so beautiful and absolutely amazing!!! I'm coveting them!!! great job jack

Jacktannery
07-08-2013, 01:49 PM
Thanks Miranda. I can upload the clean versions here so you can use them - for non-commercial purposes only etc.. So sorry for derailing your thread Bane.

55906 55907 55908 55909

Miranda Hartrampf
07-08-2013, 03:27 PM
:)))) ugg im in love thank you!!!!!

Bane
07-08-2013, 10:43 PM
Man, those are wonderful. You can derail this thread any time you want to post these beauties. :)

ThePatrick
09-26-2013, 08:59 PM
Hi Jack,

these are really amazing!

I came by this thread by chance, since I was more of looking for for maps, but these crests are also really interesting.

Since I am new to this forum, I can't write personal messages yet. But I also would be interested in heraldic pictures / figures for a commercial project. Would you be interested in delivering parts for crests for an online game? Your work would be paid of course!

Direct contact:
cartokeks.sahnehaube ++ at ++ spamgourmet ++ dot ++ com

Best Regards,

/juergen

Jacktannery
09-28-2013, 04:47 AM
Hi there - sure! I'll email you.