PDA

View Full Version : Free falling

altceva
07-01-2008, 03:24 PM
Hi guys,

First of all, sorry for my English, it's not my language. I found this site by accident, there was a tutorial on youtube about how to draw a map in Photoshop and a link to this site, and I kind of liked the idea of creating a map. I made an account and here I am.

Now, this is my first map ever, I never drew maps before. It's not even supposed to be a map, in fact, it's more like an illustration of a dream, I never intended to draw coordonates, stroke lines, legend and names. I used only Photoshop, since is the only program I have acces to and I try to master it.

Well, I hope you like it. :)

Cheers!

NeonKnight
07-01-2008, 03:28 PM
That, my friend, is a fantastic first effort. Simply beautiful.

NeonKnight
07-01-2008, 03:29 PM
I also gave you some rep, one for your map, and two I like the green button looks better than the blue ;)

RPMiller
07-01-2008, 03:51 PM
Agreed! Welcome to the Guild altceva! That is an excellent first post. If I could ask, which YouTube video did you find that was linked to us?

jfrazierjr
07-01-2008, 03:57 PM
Hi guys,

First of all, sorry for my English, it's not my language. I found this site by accident, there was a tutorial on youtube about how to draw a map in Photoshop and a link to this site, and I kind of liked the idea of creating a map. I made an account and here I am.

Now, this is my first map ever, I never drew maps before. It's not even supposed to be a map, in fact, it's more like an illustration of a dream, I never intended to draw coordonates, stroke lines, legend and names. I used only Photoshop, since is the only program I have acces to and I try to master it.

Well, I hope you like it. :)

Cheers!

Welcome to the Guild altceva!!!

If thats you first map AND your just trying to learn Photoshop, I hate to see what you can create once you hate it mastered. I gave you some rep also. Good job.

@Arcana: Did you also change some rep settings? I just noticed that There is an added choice on the rep popup for "I disapprove". Does that mean we can now give people negative rep???

and now back to our regularly scheduled fawning over altceva's first map...

Joe

RPMiller
07-01-2008, 03:59 PM
We've been able to give negative rep for quite some time, but hopefully it will never have to be given out. ;)

NeonKnight
07-01-2008, 04:01 PM
@Arcana: Did you also change some rep settings? I just noticed that There is an added choice on the rep popup for "I disapprove". Does that mean we can now give people negative rep??

Joe

There has always been a disapprove selection that I know of, because going back through some of my own REP it appears I have positive comments that appear to be negative rep given.

altceva
07-01-2008, 04:09 PM
If I could ask, which YouTube video did you find that was linked to us?

This one. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=we_iPsNG4r0)

Thank you for your feedback. I'll try to keep up. :)

RPMiller
07-01-2008, 04:12 PM
This one. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=we_iPsNG4r0)

Thank you for your feedback. I'll try to keep up. :)
Excellent! Thank you for the information. Pyrandon would be very pleased. :D

Naeddyr
07-01-2008, 04:56 PM
This really is a very excellent first map. I am looking forward to seeing more, more, more! Ahahaha, more!

Skycast
07-01-2008, 05:19 PM
Welcome and excellent map, almost feels like I'm floating above the clouds looking down upon the land...very evocative.

Midgardsormr
07-01-2008, 07:21 PM
We've been able to give negative rep for quite some time, but hopefully it will never have to be given out. ;)

How odd; I don't have that power. Does it perhaps have something to do with a certain new group Joe's been added to?

Back on point: Beautiful image! Thank you for taking the time to come here and share it with us.

Robbie
07-01-2008, 07:43 PM
How odd; I don't have that power. Does it perhaps have something to do with a certain new group Joe's been added to?

Yes...yes it does...and I just fixed that...checking my other groups too!!!

jfrazierjr
07-01-2008, 08:18 PM

Yes...yes it does...and I just fixed that...checking my other groups too!!!

I'm in a group??? WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

I'd like to thank all the little people... munchkin, oompa loompa, Gary Coleman, that guy that played Webster, and to many others to name.

Joe

NeonKnight
07-01-2008, 09:37 PM
I'm in a group??? WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

I'd like to thank all the little people... munchkin, oompa loompa, Gary Coleman, that guy that played Webster, and to many others to name.

Joe

Shhhhh, or i'll cancel your secret decoder ring and access to the executive washroom.

Sigurd
07-02-2008, 03:32 PM
Simply gorgeous.

It makes me want to fall further and see more detail.

Sigurd

su_liam
07-02-2008, 03:44 PM
Very nice first map. I've been at this(photoshop and mapping) for quite some time, and it would still bring a smile to my face to create something like that. Y'all, my friend, are clearly an artist. Reppy...