PDA

View Full Version : Newbie in the Forum

Bezzerker
07-27-2013, 07:44 PM
Hello, I'm Bezzerker and have been lurking in this site for a little while.

I decided to join in the hopes of improving my skills, by hopefully getting myself off my rear and actually doing stuff. While I haven't really done any mapping in a little while, I have read several of the tutorials and think that the challenges might be fun to partake in.

Here's hoping for the best.

Scot Harvest
07-28-2013, 01:16 AM
Well Bezzerker you have come to the right place.... I have learned LOTS here!

What are you going to focus on?!?

Bezzerker
07-28-2013, 04:22 PM
Mostly on video game/RPG maps I think. I want to make video games for a living, and for my first "project" I wanted to remake Final Fantasy Mystic Quest which would include redoing the world map and dungeons.

I really need to practice my drawing skills/game designing/programming for it though, and there is a rather high probability that I have ADD or ADHD in some form. >.<

waldronate
07-28-2013, 07:20 PM
I really need to practice my drawing skills/game designing/programming for it though, and there is a rather high probability that I have ADD or ADHD in some form. >.<

I reccommend drinking a few cups of coffee, laying out your drawing instruments, closing your eyes for three minutes, then starting to work. The coffee and tiny meditative period really have helped a whole lot of folks who are overly hyper to focus on what they're doing.

Scot Harvest
07-28-2013, 07:22 PM
ADD will kill your ability to do these things, ADHD will just make you NOT SIT STILL while you do them.

Try making some of these maps. Don't be a perfectionist, just get a couple completed and under your belt...

And if you like it GO FOR IT!

Hope you find your niche! :)

Chashio
07-28-2013, 08:39 PM
I reccommend drinking a few cups of coffee, laying out your drawing instruments, closing your eyes for three minutes, then starting to work. The coffee and tiny meditative period really have helped a whole lot of folks who are overly hyper to focus on what they're doing.

I do that. Except the three minute part... can't seem to stay in a meditative state for longer than sixteen seconds.

Chashio
07-28-2013, 08:46 PM
Welcome to the guild, Bezzerker! There are tons of tutorials and even more tons of helpful people willing to lend a hand when you need it.

arsheesh
07-30-2013, 07:45 PM
Welcome to the Guild Bezzerker!

Cheers,
-Arsheesh