PDA

View Full Version : July Challenge: The Slap'n'Tickle

NeonKnight
07-04-2008, 02:07 AM
Place holder for July Challenge, the Slap'n'Tickle

NeonKnight
07-04-2008, 06:16 PM
Because the Billboard Sign is not quite visible enough to tell what sort of establishment we have here, I thought I would post the sign in it's normal form ;)

Redrobes
07-04-2008, 06:44 PM
Oh - Looking forward to seeing the tokens for it now !!!

NeonKnight
07-04-2008, 09:10 PM
A little more work on the ole, Slap-n-Tickle

NeonKnight
07-04-2008, 09:24 PM
Poooo. I just reread the Challenge, and I need to rebuild my Strip Bar :(

Here it is in the roughest of forms.

Redrobes
07-05-2008, 08:07 AM
Hah - your the one I usually look to for making sure I haven't forgotten anything. You usually very diligent ! On my sketch I found that my gallery & bar was on the other side. Sorta E-W flipped to yours.

NeonKnight
07-05-2008, 09:29 PM
Hah - your the one I usually look to for making sure I haven't forgotten anything. You usually very diligent ! On my sketch I found that my gallery & bar was on the other side. Sorta E-W flipped to yours.

Nope I got that backwards too ;) (East is right, West is Left :x)

RPMiller
07-06-2008, 12:34 AM
You know you are going to get extra points from me for first doing a modern map and second making me chuckle every time I see the thread title.

NeonKnight
07-06-2008, 10:01 AM
OK, so we are slowly rebuilding, the ladies are getting ready, and we should be open next Saturday ;)

ravells
07-06-2008, 06:39 PM
I'm so glad you're doing a modern map! Wonderful work so far, Neon!

NeonKnight
07-07-2008, 04:22 AM
So, here we have it. To make it 'fit' within the rules I have ensured I have all the requirements, but I have made some changes to bring it into the modern era:

The PCs find themselves seated in the main bar at a local watering hole. All around them customers talk, drink and eat as servers move about the area. The noise of external traffic rises and lowers as patrons come and go.

Along the entire west wall of the main room runs a deep, long counter behind which is a door to the the proprietor's quarters. Also in the west wall is a doorway leading to the salon area, reserved for those with the money to spend. To the north is a short corridor leading to a pair of doors and then to the entrance to the building proper. Next to the corridor, also along the north wall is a staircase leading up to a gallery which runs along the north and eastern walls. A branching corridor south leads to a number of private alcoves, a favorite location for secret dealings. The south corridor terminates at the entrance to a courtyard.

On the east wall is access to the second floor, which houses rooms for paying guests and the living quarters of the proprietor and his family. Also in the east wall is a door leading to a garden with more seating for guests.

Set into the floor of the bar area is a door leading down to a cellar which is also accessible from the courtyard.

The 'Salon' to the West is a Nightclub/disco area for the mingling of people, out on the town. The Gallery is simply a raised area to allow patrons to the east to more easily view the ladies as they 'strut their stuff'. The private alcoves are the private dance booths. and the courtyard is the parkinglot.

With Luck, people are enjoying the Ol' Slap-n-Tickle, and once I have the place open for business we can all get together for drinks, and some 'special' VIP services.

### Latest WIP ###

ravells
07-07-2008, 05:54 AM
I'm just amazed at how the one description is producing such a variety of maps!

RPMiller
07-07-2008, 11:35 AM
I like the artistic interpretations. Well done. I look forward to seeing how the various elements get slipped in such as the cellar exit to the parking lot.

What resolution/scale are you drawing this at? It seems a little small.

Based on this screen capture it looks like it is 50 pixels = 6' ? Does that seem right?

Ascension
07-07-2008, 04:37 PM
Remember, no sex in the champagne room...or so that's what I've been told.

NeonKnight
07-07-2008, 06:15 PM
I like the artistic interpretations. Well done. I look forward to seeing how the various elements get slipped in such as the cellar exit to the parking lot.

What resolution/scale are you drawing this at? It seems a little small.

Based on this screen capture it looks like it is 50 pixels = 6' ? Does that seem right?

I'll be honest, I do not know how to interpret a scale based on pixel count :(

Each DISCO tile is 3 feet x 3 feet, and the pool tables are 5 x 9 (couldn't find regulatio 4.5 x 9 table images :()

But, yeah, you look pretty close there with your people.

Most peeler bars I have been to are usually not about huge spaces or comfort ;)

RPMiller
07-07-2008, 07:06 PM
I'll be honest, I do not know how to interpret a scale based on pixel count :(

Each DISCO tile is 3 feet x 3 feet, and the pool tables are 5 x 9 (couldn't find regulatio 4.5 x 9 table images :()

But, yeah, you look pretty close there with your people.

Most peeler bars I have been to are usually not about huge spaces or comfort ;)
If you know the size of objects then it is a simple step to scale them.

You want 50 pixels = to 5'? That would mean it is 10 pixels = 1'. You know that the Disco tiles are 3'x3' so they should be 30x30 pixels. If they are already, then you are set, if they are not, but the apparent scale is correct (it looks correct to the eye) then use the Measure tool and find out how big they really are and then multiple/divide that size to get 30x30 pixels and scale the whole map. That will put the map at that scale. Obviously you could do the same thing with the pool tables instead.

Personally, I would actually make these higher resolution and go with 100 or 200 pixels=5' as that will look less pixelated when you zoom in. Which you can see an example of if you look at the MapTool screen capture I posted above.

NeonKnight
07-07-2008, 07:49 PM
Yep, I will do a super Hi Res version once I am done.

RPMiller
07-07-2008, 08:44 PM
Sweet! That will be most awesome and shall find use in a certain person's Champions game. :D

NeonKnight
07-09-2008, 04:42 AM
Another update.

The Cellar beneath the bar is where they keep a lot of the cases of beer etc. I have actually this style implemented in modern bars with a trap door behind the bar to the cellar.

The map is 95% done. I will put some stairs in the upper right that leads to the upper floor of the neighbouring Hotel that is attached to the Slap-n-Tickle.

The Nightclub is done, and I just need to look at lighting effects and stuff to finish it up. Maybe some details on the street outside.

### Latest WIP ###

NeonKnight
07-15-2008, 01:28 PM
Here is a nice HUGE version (I have an even bigger 8 meg version of the same).

I did not include doors o the image as I figure the VTT people would have their own, if not let me know and I will put some on.

There are no windows on the establishment, as most peeler bars I have been too do not have any, nor do most nightclubs, prefering the nice darkened interiors for their lightshows.

### Latest WIP ###

RPMiller
07-15-2008, 02:09 PM
You could always post your doors as separate images that people could then place on the map as objects that can then be rotated when the PCs walk through and expose the contents of the room.

RPMiller
07-15-2008, 02:13 PM
Hm... something I just realized. The stages at strip clubs usually connect directly to a changing room so that the strippers don't have to walk through the patrons. At least in the ones I've seen in movies.

RobA
07-15-2008, 02:18 PM
ummmm....yeeeahhhh...the ones you have seen in movies....yeah, that's the ticket.

-Rob A>

NeonKnight
07-15-2008, 02:22 PM
They must be different here in Canada, cause most of the ones I've been to (yeah, I'll admit I frequented them when I was younger), the stages were separate affairs, where the strippers would walk through the crowd to the stage, where they then put their towel/blankets, after show clothes etc, and then took to the stage.

I'd take some pictures to prove it, but that would likely get me turfed out none to gently ;)

ravells
07-15-2008, 03:03 PM
Oh yes...the movies.....right....yes, of course.

Steel General
07-15-2008, 05:12 PM
Ahhh...the "peeler bars" of Ft. Erie and Niagara Falls, Ont. bring back fond memories of my long, lost youth.

RPMiller
07-15-2008, 05:36 PM
ummmm....yeeeahhhh...the ones you have seen in movies....yeah, that's the ticket.

-Rob A>

Oh yes...the movies.....right....yes, of course.

Sad, but true. I've only been to one strip club my entire life when I was like 19 or there abouts and my friend dragged me there. If you are dying to know details PM me. 8)

So yea, the only real frame of reference is what I've seen in Holy-Wood movies.

They must be different here in Canada, cause most of the ones I've been to (yeah, I'll admit I frequented them when I was younger), the stages were separate affairs, where the strippers would walk through the crowd to the stage, where they then put their towel/blankets, after show clothes etc, and then took to the stage.

Very interesting actually. Now I'm a little intrigued to know if that is a cultural thing or what. I wonder if the ones in France are similar to Canada's.

Anyway... I don't care that much, but that might be an interesting insight into the culture. In America perhaps the men are more aggressive so the women need more separation from them?

someguy
07-24-2008, 10:51 PM
Sad, but true. I've only been to one strip club my entire life when I was like 19 or there abouts and my friend dragged me there. If you are dying to know details PM me. 8)

So yea, the only real frame of reference is what I've seen in Holy-Wood movies.

Sadly, I spend too much time in them. But when your well like by the dancers (IE they actually show up when you invite them to a party) its hard to keep away.

Let me know if you need some pointers on Strip clubs.