PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Kentucky

K4GAP
08-05-2013, 06:50 AM
Hello all,
I can not believe I found a site that talks about maps that I did now know about. I've always been a map enthusiast. When I joined the Military in 1971 I did so with the intention of specializing in some job that had to do with maps. The job (MOS) I ended up in was what the Military refers to as an "Artillery Surveyor". The job consisted of doing three types of survey, target area, connection area and position area. I got my wish and worked with maps for 27 years until my retirement in 1998. I am still a big map enthusiast. I look forward to being a regular around here.

:compass: <--- love the smiley!

Korash
08-05-2013, 10:32 AM
Welcome to The Guild, The Mappiest place on the Web :D

Glad to see another Gunner :) I devoted 17 years of blood, sweat, and tears to the Guns, mostly as a gun-bunny on the Guns themselves. Damn sure wish that I got to do your job at some point during that time (Asked for the survey course more often than I can recall....although at my age now that might only have been once or twice.... ;) ) but LOVED what I did anyway.

So in parting, as we say north of the border, "Ubique"

Viking
08-05-2013, 10:47 AM
It's amazing you got to actually produce real world maps like that K4GAP! Same to you Korash! Welcome to the guild!

arsheesh
08-07-2013, 05:52 PM
Welcome to the Guild K4GAP! It sounds like you are going to fit right in here. Look forward to seeing you around the forums.

Cheers,
-Arsheesh