PDA

View Full Version : A beginner's Hello!

Llannagh
08-23-2013, 01:27 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm very glad to have stumbled over this website. I'm a fantasy geek since my childhood and started P&P RPG quite early and have ever since dreamed up my own worlds. That slowly progressed to a whole universe.
I'm working on a novel, too, as I imagine many do. I'm aiming low, though, just writing for fun at the moment.

Drawing maps has always spiked my inspiration and I always wanted to have a digital drawing tablet. Now my dream has come true and I'm very happy to own a Wacom Bamboo since yesterday! :)

I'm an absolute beginner, both in using Photoshop and the Wacom, but the tutorial for Ascension's Map style by Kevin McLeod has already helped me immensely.

So I'm looking forward to learning a lot here and gawk at the wonderful maps on here!

Cheers!
Llannagh

Veluux
08-23-2013, 04:51 PM
Welcome fellow writer and world builder! *eyes his tablet enviously * Use the heck out of that thing. Wish I had one myself! It would cut down on the arduous prep work it takes to pull of pen work effects with a mouse.

Llannagh
08-23-2013, 05:10 PM
Thanks for the welcome.

I was surprised to find that the Wacom Bamboo is actually pretty affordable. Here in Germany I paid 79€ (about 105 $). So maybe it would make a good christmas present! ;)