PDA

View Full Version : Salutations

dismuke
09-17-2013, 11:07 AM
Greetings one and all,

My name is Dismuke, I'm twenty-six years young and presently reside in the United Kingdom. I'm a budding fantasy author looking to take his first steps into world building and came across this group as a result. Hoping to broaden my knowledge of cartography I decided to sign up to the forum and...well...here I am. I have to say, the fact a group like this even exists pleases me no end.

I am however sadly a complete novice when it comes to world building so you'll have to excuse me if I ask questions that have already been raised a dozen or so times before.

I look forward to getting to know you all in the weeks ahead!

- Dismuke

eViLe_eAgLe
09-17-2013, 07:28 PM
Welcome to the guild!

Robin Ryuu
09-17-2013, 08:34 PM
Welcome to the guild Dismuke.

arsheesh
09-17-2013, 08:42 PM
Welcome to the Guild Dismuke! The best place to begin is in the tutorials section. There are loads of helpful walk-through's that can help you get started. If you have Photoshop you already have a very powerful tool for fantasy cartography. If not, download GIMP, a free graphics program that is a very good alternative.

Cheers,
-Arsheesh

dismuke
09-18-2013, 11:27 AM
Thanks for all the warm welcomes! And yes, Arsheesh, I do in fact have photoshop. I've been curious as to how to properly implement it in the creation of maps. Sadly it's not the sort of thing they cover when you study graphic design!

- Dismuke