PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom of Lancroft and surrounding Lands

Morgoth883
09-17-2013, 05:32 PM
So, Lancroft is a world I created many years ago as the setting of a long running DnD campain with my friends. Over the years I've drawn many maps of the place but they all look a little juvinile these days. After seeing some awsome maps on this site I've decided to try my hand at it again and make a proper go at producing a really awsome looking map!

**Most Recent WIP**

Morgoth883
09-17-2013, 05:40 PM
Ok, so far I've marked out the land, added mountains, trees and rivers and I've added a nice aged paper effect to the whole thing. (I'm quite new to this so any advice on what I've done already is very welcome!)
I've hit a brick wall now, though. I don't really know where to head next in terms of improving my maps apearence. I've still got towns, palce names and political borders to add, but I really want to get the terrain looking really nice first. Does anyone have any suggestions? The mountains and the trees are of perticular interest here, I think.

Here is the map as it stands without the texture on it~

And here is my attempt at making the trees a little more interesting. I don't think it worked very well, though.

Zuni
09-17-2013, 06:52 PM
I approve of this map!
However, you could admittedly use a better tree texture.
If its a medieval/fantasy map (which it seems to be), it looks good to have textures for different parts. Give it a search on Cartographer's Guild or just google. But I don't know what type of map you're aiming for, and you're a better mapper than me anyway :)

~Zuni

eViLe_eAgLe
09-17-2013, 07:28 PM
You might want to try tree thing, unless you're going for a different look.

Korash
09-17-2013, 10:33 PM
and here is the link to Tree Thing (http://www.cartographersguild.com/mapping-elements/11361-treething.html). :) And its younger brother Hill Thing. Both well worth incorporating into your work flow...IMOHO. I would suggest going to the last page and go backwards for the latest versions though.