PDA

View Full Version : Very new

Rabin Arius
09-25-2013, 03:14 PM
Hello. I'm new, both as a member and as a mapmaker. Actually, I tried to make a map a couple of months ago. A few weeks ago (after a long, slow process) I decided I don't like it. I was making a map for a story I want to write some day, and when I didn't like the map I made, I found out about a web site. The site was about how to easily make a map, and one of the suggestions was to commission a map here! I checked out this forum and, after a couple of weeks of lurking, well, now I'm inspired to retry my hand at maps. This site is so wonderful, helpful, and informative, and I can't help but look here often at all the beautiful, beautiful maps!

Viking
09-25-2013, 07:45 PM
Hi Rabin, welcome to the guild! This is a great place to hone your map making abilities and I look forward to seeing some maps from you :)

Rabin Arius
09-26-2013, 10:28 AM
Thank you, Viking. I hope you can see some maps from me, too. Actually, one of the things I saw on Cartographer's Guild that made me want to come back was staring me right in face when I first visited the site. It was a featured map on the home page that I instantly recognized as a true work of art. It had so much depth, beauty, and style, all cohesive and consistent within itself. I thought, "I want to learn to make something that amazing." Of course, I've since realized it's probably not an appropriate style for what I intend to do with maps, but that map brought me back here.

Viking
09-27-2013, 12:38 PM
There are many many amazing maps on this site at the moment :) If you meant my map then thank you so much! There are a lot of tutorials on this site too which are excellent as well.

jljansen
09-27-2013, 12:48 PM
Welcome to the site! This is a great place to learn and grow your maps. I look forward to your creations!

Rabin Arius
09-28-2013, 09:07 AM
If you meant my map then thank you so much!

I did. I love Skenth. I'm looking forward to seeing your in-depth regions develop.

RS McCoy
10-01-2013, 09:56 PM
Welcome to the Guild!