PDA

View Full Version : Abandoned Maps

ravells
07-12-2008, 08:25 PM
We've come to a decision that map areas which have been selected but have not yet been mapped should be put up for adoption to new takers.

It appears that the following areas have been abandoned (refer to the link below for the areas)

Map 2 (previously adopted by Darkone)
Map 3 (previously adopted by Darkone
Map 11 (previously adopted by Hans Worst) - ADOPTED BY VALARIAN
Map 15 (previously adopted by kajehito) - ADOPTED BY OCTOPOD
Map 19 (previously adopted by Venardhi)
Map 23 (previously adopted by Venardhi) - ADOPTED BY STEEL GENERAL
Map 27 (previously adopted by ???)
Map 29 (previously adopted by ???) )- TO BE ADOPTED BY JEZELF

There may be more coming, but I'll need to hope that Redrobes updates his spider thingy and help me (please help me!)

So, it's first come first serve on these maps. Any objections by the original mapmakers, please post them here, but if I don't hear from you after a week then the maps will be handed on....but don't worry, once we finish this area, there will be others you can adopt again.

p.s. you can only adopt one map.

Cheers!

Ravs

Map links (http://www.cartographersguild.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3843&d=1211660359)

Steel General
07-12-2008, 11:51 PM
Well if the original Adopter doesn't object, I'll take on #23. Something small for mw to start with, till I get a bit better with this stuff.

Redrobes
07-13-2008, 07:33 AM
I think this one is up to date - always PM me if you think not.

http://www.viewing.ltd.uk/Temp/CG/ThinkBig/Region/MappedTiles_TN.png (http://www.viewing.ltd.uk/Temp/CG/ThinkBig/Region/MappedTiles.png)

and I ran up the indexer again. Here is the CWBP page link
CWBP Index (http://www.viewing.ltd.uk/Temp/CG/Indexes/CWBP_Index.htm)

Theres a link to both of these on the Wiki in the project overview section now.

ravells
07-13-2008, 09:53 AM
Thanks Redrobes!

Here is a quick and dirty of Redrobes tiles with the numbers on.

Steel General, if no objections are posted here from the original owner within the next seven days then please feel free to make a start.

industrygothica
07-13-2008, 11:23 AM
I wouldn't mind having the heightfield info and such for area 3. I don't want to officially adopt it yet, as I don't know how much time I'll have to work on it, but I'd like to play around with it for practice. If I manage to get something worth submitting before someone officially takes it over then so be it, but otherwise I just want to play with it to see if I can learn something, if that's ok.

-IG

ravells
07-13-2008, 11:28 AM
Hi IG, would you mind waiting for a bit? I'd prefer to give the maps to people who have not already got one. If the take up is insufficient then we can throw it open to people who already have existing maps. Cheers

Ravs

industrygothica
07-13-2008, 12:12 PM
Hi IG, would you mind waiting for a bit? I'd prefer to give the maps to people who have not already got one. If the take up is insufficient then we can throw it open to people who already have existing maps. Cheers

Ravs

That's fine. As I said, I'm not ready to officially take on another map right now anyway--I just wanted it to play with.

Steel General
07-13-2008, 12:37 PM
Steel General, if no objections are posted here from the original owner within the next seven days then please feel free to make a start.

Works for me. If possible the height maps etc. would be nice to have regardless, just so I can play around with them and get used to working with them. That way even if I end up adopting a different area I'll have some familiarity with the base files.

ravells
07-13-2008, 12:56 PM
I'll see what I can do about getting you a heightmap, Steel General & IG.

ravells
07-13-2008, 01:39 PM
Here are a couple of rough and ready heightfields of map 3 and map 23. They may need a bit of cropping though.

Cheers

Ravs

Valarian
07-13-2008, 04:18 PM
Can I claim Map 11 (previously adopted by Hans Worst)?

ravells
07-13-2008, 04:20 PM
Absolutely! If Hans doesn't reclaim within 7 days it's yours without any further confirmation.

Patrakis
07-13-2008, 09:06 PM
Excuse my ignorance but are you delelopping a custom world of your own and offering sections of it to be mapped by members of the guild?

If so, that's great idea!

Midgardsormr
07-13-2008, 11:02 PM
That's right. The Collaborative World-Building Project (CWBP) is, well, it's exactly what it's name says it is. Someone (I forget who at this point) provided a Fractal Terrains world, threw some data at us, and we divided it up into a grid of mapping areas. There was some intial visioneering, and then we all just kind of took off and started mapping--stories have developed as we've gone along.

As we got to the point where the larger areas were mapped, we've focused in and started making maps for smaller areas--localities, towns, and adventure sites. Detail ranges from nonexistent (the cities in the Tawaren Basin) to borderline excessive (Snapgallows in the Thrubmorton Fens).

If you want to get a piece of it, feel free!

industrygothica
07-13-2008, 11:17 PM
That's right. The Collaborative World-Building Project (CWBP) is, well, it's exactly what it's name says it is. Someone (I forget who at this point) provided a Fractal Terrains world, threw some data at us, and we divided it up into a grid of mapping areas. There was some intial visioneering, and then we all just kind of took off and started mapping--stories have developed as we've gone along.

As we got to the point where the larger areas were mapped, we've focused in and started making maps for smaller areas--localities, towns, and adventure sites. Detail ranges from nonexistent (the cities in the Tawaren Basin) to borderline excessive (Snapgallows in the Thrubmorton Fens).

If you want to get a piece of it, feel free!

And, for the record, we (read: me) like borderline excessive. ;) Gotta love the detail, even if I'm a bit jealous of the creative genius behind it.

SeerBlue
07-14-2008, 12:44 AM
HAHAHAH, Well nowh, in truth, all you need is a few younglings, a box of muppets, and your set. Of course I am referring to the Snapgallows thread comment, but I forgot to do the quote thing.
SeerBlue and the FHCO

industrygothica
07-14-2008, 01:11 AM
HAHAHAH, Well nowh, in truth, all you need is a few younglings, a box of muppets, and your set. Of course I am referring to the Snapgallows thread comment, but I forgot to do the quote thing.
SeerBlue and the FHCO

I've got the younglings (11, 5 in a few days, and 2), but lack the box of muppets. I'll have to hit the used toystore of something. I'll really have to pick your brain about how you inspire their creativity (seriously), because I'd love to get my kids involved in my little hobby here (then maybe their mother wouldn't mind it so much, either!).

The middle one did say something interesting the other day about a treasure chest with magic gold stuck up in a tree, but that was about all I could get out of him. It's a start, I guess. ;)

Midgardsormr
07-14-2008, 01:20 AM
Hee hee. I'm just jealous, is all, that Thrub is getting so much attention while Tawaren languishes in plague-ridden obscurity.

SeerBlue
07-14-2008, 01:34 AM
Not to waylay the thread or anything, but what keeps them going is the fact that we have found apps they can handle using, Sketchup with ruby script plugins is perfect for them, as is PD particles/PS, so what ever they come up with gets used somewhere, and quite a big deal made of it...You want a squirrel armadillo for a pet, sure thing, and then let them Fick it cool. If it needs a little tweaking I give them a hand, and the next time they don't need me around.
Thanks to their Mother, who has always got them into hobbies, it's been more fun than I would have thought.
SeerBlue and the FHCO's

industrygothica
07-14-2008, 02:18 AM
Not to waylay the thread or anything, but what keeps them going is the fact that we have found apps they can handle using, Sketchup with ruby script plugins is perfect for them, as is PD particles/PS, so what ever they come up with gets used somewhere, and quite a big deal made of it...You want a squirrel armadillo for a pet, sure thing, and then let them Fick it cool. If it needs a little tweaking I give them a hand, and the next time they don't need me around.
Thanks to their Mother, who has always got them into hobbies, it's been more fun than I would have thought.
SeerBlue and the FHCO's

Yes, yes.. I'm anxiously awaiting your Sketchup tutorials, actually. ;) Don't think we have any of those around here yet.

su_liam
07-14-2008, 02:37 AM
Actually 19 is my Boroughs, not Venardhi's. It's not quite abandoned, but I'm having a time finding time for it. If someone wants it, I'll relinquish it, but I'd like what little I've put in so far to remain(Winsome Bay, the Stoutling towns, a river or two). I've been really inspired by SeerBlue's work(or that of the carpet orcs), but most of that inspiration is hardly applicable to the Boroughs. :(

I really need to get on with some of my ideas: the Dwarven city buttoned up under the Barrier Mountains for fear of the plague, the Vampiric Empire growing among the desperate Plague victims across the mountains, the ruins and legends of a vast elven kingdom of old, possibly related to the Plague itself.

industrygothica
07-14-2008, 02:53 AM
I really need to get on with some of my ideas: the Dwarven city buttoned up under the Barrier Mountains for fear of the plague, the Vampiric Empire growing among the desperate Plague victims across the mountains, the ruins and legends of a vast elven kingdom of old, possibly related to the Plague itself.

The Elven city of Laradell in the Liaglades isn't too far away (the NE section of area 25)... maybe they share some history?

octopod
07-15-2008, 06:00 PM
Can I have area 2?
</noob>

ravells
07-15-2008, 06:42 PM
Sure. Wait for 7 days and if the original author doesn't answer it's yours.

Redrobes
07-15-2008, 07:58 PM
Just to remind everyone that I still have all the tiles in color and height info too. You don't have to use the height info - thats up to you but its really useful if you can map to fit with the land-sea regions of the color maps so they line up easy. Really we should have had an official set of tiles but there wasn't one. I guess its less of an issue now as you will probably have bordering tiles already mapped to work to.

industrygothica
07-15-2008, 08:18 PM
Just to remind everyone that I still have all the tiles in color and height info too. You don't have to use the height info - thats up to you but its really useful if you can map to fit with the land-sea regions of the color maps so they line up easy. Really we should have had an official set of tiles but there wasn't one. I guess its less of an issue now as you will probably have bordering tiles already mapped to work to.

Things to remember when we open up the next region, I suppose? Might be worth getting that prepped out ahead of time.

... or something.

jfrazierjr
07-15-2008, 09:27 PM
I would still give an arm and a leg for a blow up image of each region with the river/water stuff generated by FT by NeonKnight.... Either that or a larger version of that projection with the rivers AND the grid overlain in the correct place.

Joe

octopod
07-17-2008, 03:06 PM
OK, I'm really sorry for sucking a lot. Would it be OK if I worked on region 11? There isn't any indexed thread for it, so I figured I should post here. I'll also PM hans_worst to see if he's OK with it.

ravells
07-17-2008, 03:41 PM
Sorry Octopod, I'm afraid Valarian has already taken region 11 (stated further up this thread). Check the whole of this thread to see which ones are still available.

Cheers

Ravs

octopod
07-17-2008, 05:38 PM
Strike two! OK, got it. Sorry, didn't read page 2 -- although I should have figured there'd already be someone jumping on a nifty-looking peninsula like that.

What about area 15, then? Doesn't look like anyone's touched that one, and there's no thread for that either...

(ETA: If I succeed in claiming this region, can I also please get a contour map of the area from someone who's got good software for doing so?)

ravells
07-17-2008, 08:17 PM
I think that one is free. I'll name you on the initial thread. The rules are you wait for a week and if noone complains it's yours to do with as you will.

I think Redrobes can help you out with heightmaps of exactitude, but if not, I'll give you a rough one.

Don't forget that CWBP maps arn't just for christmas....be slow to abandon it if you do!

Ravs

Redrobes
07-17-2008, 08:53 PM
I have height maps. Many height maps for all sorts of tiles and occasions. A number 15 sir ? Ahh good choice I have just the thing. I can get you a number 15 in many styles to suit. How about a nice contour line per 500', very fashionable I hear these days... What size are you ? About a 2K square hmmm ?

octopod
07-17-2008, 09:58 PM
::chuckles::

Quadrant 15, with contour lines per 500'...sounds excellent. Could you possibly leave a little ease on each side, so that it can match adjoining tiles? I've been working on a rough copy already and I find it doesn't quite match up perfectly, especially when it comes to tracing rivers and mountain ridges across map edges.

Thank you very much. You've been most helpful.

Redrobes
07-17-2008, 10:49 PM
Will do - gettin' late here in UK gimme a short while...

Could you possibly leave a little ease on each side, so that it can match adjoining tiles?

I can do that one right now tho. The height map (to be exported) will match the brown tile but better to munge it and your color texture a bit to make it fit to the neighboring mapped tiles.

Steel General
07-19-2008, 09:22 AM
OK, barring any last minute objection by the original "grabber", I beleive region #23 is now mine to 'play with'.

So if I could be provided any of the various "base maps" that may be useful to develop the area I'd appreciate it.

Redrobes
07-19-2008, 09:28 AM
I usually provide a color guide to map to so that it lines up, a height map and a shaded relief in case thats useful too. Let me know if you want contours or something else. If you start a new thread with the usual title format then ill post them into it - keeps it all nicely separated.

Steel General
07-19-2008, 08:14 PM
I usually provide a color guide to map to so that it lines up, a height map and a shaded relief in case thats useful too. Let me know if you want contours or something else. If you start a new thread with the usual title format then ill post them into it - keeps it all nicely separated.

OK, will do...

hans_worst
07-21-2008, 10:09 AM
Hi, I've been on holiday so I wasn't able to work on the map or post on the website. No I'm loaded with work so I am afraid I won't be working on the map for a long time. If someone else wants my part they can have it. Good luck with your maps.

Hans

jezelf
09-26-2008, 09:14 AM
Hey there!

I'm looking at these neighbouring areas:

[Region 1][Map 02] Name to come ( which appears to be abandoned) (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=1765)
[Region 1][Map 03] Kingdom part 3 (which looks like no-one has started on it) (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=1772)

I'll post up in the respective threads and wait the required week or so before going further in case I'm stepping on anyone's work.

cheers

jez

ravells
09-26-2008, 07:53 PM
Hi Jezelf, I've listed you as adopting map 03 on the original post.

cheers

Ravs

jezelf
09-27-2008, 12:19 PM
Hi DarkOne told me he will be back to do [both areas I think] soon, so I'm moving over to area 29

Map 29 (previously adopted by ?? - looks like Delgondantelius)

I'll wait [the seven day itch :) ] and find out what's happening with it.

cheers

jez

jezelf
09-27-2008, 01:18 PM
OK I've asked Delgonahntelius and it's OK for me to take this one.

hope to get stuck in soon!

cheers
jez

ravells
09-27-2008, 07:10 PM
Thanks Jez, I've amended the original post to put you in as having claimed 29

Torq
09-28-2008, 05:19 AM
As I said before Jezelf, great to have you onboard.

Torq

jezelf
11-08-2008, 04:12 PM
Hi - before I forget, I thought I better make an annoucment on this thread that [Region 1][Map 29] Mythkhardia (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=2400&page=4)has been finished. Didn't know how it works from here on, who copies it to the wiki etc. It can also be removed from the the abandoned list.

cheers

jez

industrygothica
11-08-2008, 04:39 PM
Hi - before I forget, I thought I better make an annoucment on this thread that [Region 1][Map 29] Mythkhardia (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=2400&page=4)has been finished. Didn't know how it works from here on, who copies it to the wiki etc. It can also be removed from the the abandoned list.

cheers

jez

Gotcha covered here (http://cwbp.cartographersguild.com/index.php?title=Mythkhardia).

I just made the page and put the image on it for now; there's no history or other details on it... so if you want to do that, it's there and ready for you.

-IG

industrygothica
02-20-2009, 09:02 PM
Looks like areas 2, 3, 5, 16, and 27 still haven't got anything on them. Anyone know anything of these areas?

-IG

Lathorien
04-11-2009, 06:06 PM
I am looking for a map to do over the Easter week end here, what maps are officially "abandoned" still?

bryguy
04-12-2009, 12:11 PM
Ill adopt Map 2

Koor
04-15-2009, 03:22 AM
I'll take map 16 if nobody minds.

I'd like to scrap the lore for those islands though, and rewrite it myself on the wiki.

NymTevlyn
04-19-2009, 02:46 PM
I would like to claim regions The Boroughs (Map 19) (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=1789&page=2) & Map 24. I was inspired to create a map and utilize the empty water to the south.

su_liam
04-20-2009, 04:05 AM
Damn. Oh, go ahead and take the thing. I had a bit of inspiration at the start, but I'm really not a fantasy guy, so it kind of fizzled. I thought I'd get back to it, but other things keep getting in the way. If I ever get re-inspired, maybe I'll fit the stoutlings and the Boroughs into a different place. Sorry about that...

industrygothica
04-20-2009, 10:32 AM
I don't think area 19 will be an issue since su_liam gave it to you, but you might want to wait on 24 to make sure it's all good with the powers that be, just in case.

-IG

NymTevlyn
04-20-2009, 11:20 AM
I didn't plan on altering the empty ocean tile. Was just going to map out a small portion in the top of it, underwater. An undersea kingdom of sahuagin that raid the coasts to the north.

industrygothica
04-20-2009, 11:26 AM
I didn't plan on altering the empty ocean tile. Was just going to map out a small portion in the top of it, underwater. An undersea kingdom of sahuagin that raid the coasts to the north.

Honestly, I didn't realize that area was ocean-only. Guess that shows me to take a look first, eh? :)

I think it's a fabulous idea, for the record.

-IG

Torq
04-20-2009, 02:33 PM
I also think its a great idea.

Torq

Baziron
04-20-2009, 05:51 PM
I'll take map 16 if nobody minds.

I'd like to scrap the lore for those islands though, and rewrite it myself on the wiki.

The only to mind'd be me - and I don't. Go ahead. If anything, I'd like you to keep the name - or at least as a bit of the lore. The rest is up to you.

Lathorien
05-22-2009, 10:52 PM
So can we get an little updated list of what is left open, or available to be taken on?

industrygothica
05-22-2009, 11:19 PM
So can we get an little updated list of what is left open, or available to be taken on?

Try looking at the image map on the wiki. That should give you a decent idea of what's been finished and what hasn't. There are a few maps there that have been started, but it's pretty evident that they're no longer being developed. Go and find a place that you think you might like to work on and post back here, then we'll see if it's truly been abandoned or or if someone is just really slow.

-IG

*EDIT* Here's a link to the image map: Click me! (http://cwbp.cartographersguild.com/index.php?title=Project_Overview)

Albrechtw4
05-23-2009, 12:35 AM
Since there is no recent activity on map 18 I'm going to start working on it. Hope I'm not stepping on any toes.

Lathorien
05-25-2009, 12:52 AM
jfrazierjr has/had map 5 Charnok but it seems the last post was a few months ago. I would like to claim it. I think i have something to keep that near by "mongol hoard" busy...

kenohhkc
07-14-2009, 03:12 PM
Any way I could take the sea tile for 24, and modify it to be a series of islands?

If you could give me a general idea of the dimensions and scale of the tile area, I can do a fractal for it.

Also any idea of the climate of the tile? would it be more tropical, or is it more temperate?

thanks, I assume no one had it since its a sea tile.

Ken

kenohhkc
07-14-2009, 03:57 PM
I found some of the info digging through the forums. You guys have an enormous job of keeping the wheels on this thing.

Great job so far.

My 2cents keep everyone on Region 1, until all tilles are submitted. It will keep eveyone focused. Good job so far. Herculean really.

industrygothica
07-18-2009, 08:01 AM
Any way I could take the sea tile for 24, and modify it to be a series of islands?

If you could give me a general idea of the dimensions and scale of the tile area, I can do a fractal for it.

Also any idea of the climate of the tile? would it be more tropical, or is it more temperate?

thanks, I assume no one had it since its a sea tile.

Ken

Still no answer? Personally I wouldn't have a problem with it, but I'm not the one who makes those decisions. Might try sending a pm to Torq, who is the project lead.

As for the area, each square is roughly 600 miles square. The climate there is fairly temperate, at least that's the way I've imagined the Witchlight Strand (area 25 just to the right of the one you want). It's kind of a plainsy region near the coast and gets a little more rocky and badlandish farther east. I'd imagine any islands in that area to be a bit like southern Florida or New Orleans or something--hot and humid. But that's just me. ;)

ravells
07-18-2009, 08:54 PM
Ken, if no one has answered then just go for it and make the map. Torq has been offline for a few months now so I don't think you'll be getting a response from him anytime soon.

Gandwarf
07-18-2009, 09:02 PM
Torq has been offline for a few months now so I don't think you'll be getting a response from him anytime soon.

Do we know why he's offline?

ravells
07-18-2009, 09:04 PM
No. to tell the truth I'm a bit concerned.

Gandwarf
07-18-2009, 09:11 PM
No. to tell the truth I'm a bit concerned.

Well, that's the internet for you. People tend to disappear suddenly and who knows for what reasons. :(
Hope he's coming back...

Redrobes
07-18-2009, 09:19 PM
His last two posts talk about how busy he was and doing some kind of vacation work thing with no internet access and how he misses the guild so he will be back I am sure.

Midgardsormr
07-19-2009, 12:00 PM
And speaking of missing members, where the heck is Pyrandon?

Gandwarf
07-19-2009, 12:17 PM
And speaking of missing members, where the heck is Pyrandon?

Don't forget delgondahntelius :D
That's three community leaders that are no longer posting. Although both Pyrandon and delgondahntelius still visit sometimes. It's too bad...

Sigurd
07-19-2009, 02:03 PM
I selflessly volunteer to disappear if the three of them come back!

I hope they're ok.

s

kenohhkc
07-21-2009, 11:08 AM
thanks I have started on it. This group does some amazing work, but I can't help but get the feeling I've joined the party a little late. Seems like the current activity level is way down.

Steel General
07-21-2009, 01:31 PM
Activity goes in spurts on this...the challenge a couple of months ago was to create a village/town/city for the CWBP so that raised the activity level. It has since died down again.

Redrobes
07-21-2009, 02:52 PM
And speaking of missing members, where the heck is Pyrandon?I miss his great work too. I followed a few links and mailed him a few months back. He's ok but not doing so much mapping right now.

Gamerprinter
07-21-2009, 02:54 PM
I started the original iteration of Kaidan here a few months back and put in lots of pages, but then I was offered a deal with an RPG publisher to take the setting to publication, so I stopped and began recreating it with big changes for the commercial version. Once everything is developed and I've already put the maps out to the public, I will probably port the maps and some of the setting content (that part which is Open Game Content) and place it back into the CWBP.

So once that time comes a ton of material will be placed, so I'm not out of it completely and will definitely return to the CWBP Kaidan project in force at that time.

GP

Ishmayl
08-03-2009, 02:35 PM
Is the list on the first page of this thread up to date? Another CBG member and I are planning on possibly teaming up on an area if that's okay.

industrygothica
08-08-2009, 05:17 PM
Is the list on the first page of this thread up to date? Another CBG member and I are planning on possibly teaming up on an area if that's okay.

This link (http://cwbp.cartographersguild.com/index.php?title=Project_Overview) might help you out a bit with that one. Sorry it's taken a bit to reply--my computer's still out on repairs (using my mother's right now) and I guess no one else is paying attention.

-IG

Gandwarf
08-08-2009, 05:38 PM
w00t... industrygothica is still around :D

JonathonVolkmer
08-03-2010, 02:57 PM
This is just a repost from the map's thread (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?1789-Region-1-Map-19-The-Boroughs/page3), but:

It would appear that NymTevlyn was been banned shortly after taking over Area 19, and since no else seems to be working on this area, it would give me something interesting to do after I finish my current project. Any objections? I can't guarantee it won't be amateur hour to start, but I'm a quick study.

-JTV

ravells
08-03-2010, 03:02 PM
Ah yes, our one and only banned member (apart from spammers). Fine by me, Jonathon as that person will no longer be around, as long as nobody else has claimed it, then go for it.

su_liam
08-04-2010, 01:48 AM
Be good to my baby!

JonathonVolkmer
08-04-2010, 09:32 AM
Thanks for the go ahead. I will be!

-JTV

P.S. I kind of feel like I just met the map's father, and now I'm taking it to the prom or something...

EDIT: By the way, I've just been perusing astrographer.com, and may I say: Awesome!

Nate
06-06-2012, 11:56 AM
Wow, great collaborative project.

katieBmorgan
12-24-2013, 05:09 AM
How do you adopt a map section, and what would i need to produce ?

Falconius
12-24-2013, 10:52 AM
How do you adopt a map section, and what would i need to produce ?The first project in which these maps have been abandoned, has also been abandoned. We are starting up a brand spanking new one in these threads though: CWBP 2 Deciding the map (http://www.cartographersguild.com/cooperative-worldbuilding-project/25298-cwbp-2-deciding-map.html), Cooperative project revival (http://www.cartographersguild.com/cooperative-worldbuilding-project/24339-cooperative-project-revival.html), and CWBP 2 : Determining the genre and era (http://www.cartographersguild.com/cooperative-worldbuilding-project/25339-cwbp-2-determining-genre-era.html). Further threads with the active project will also be tagged CWBP 2.