PDA

View Full Version : Shanna World (Le Monde de Shanna)

totila64
09-29-2013, 10:41 AM
Hi to everybody,
here's my first map based on my new borning universe Shanna.
This map has be made based on RobA tutorial "Using GIMP to Create an Artistic Regional RPG Map".
I suggest everyone who's begininng in this art, to read this tutorial and do it 2 or 3 times to well master the lot of techniques presented.

My first map is far to be perfect and complete.

But I have to begin somewhere and mainly to submit my work to expert eyes to collect suggestion, critics and other.
This map is only a portion of a greater world, generater with the excellent Wolrd Generator "TerraGen". I used an old version, 0.9.1, but the last one seems to do miracles...

Thread is open for hunting, don't fire too hard on the pianist, plz

Domino44
09-29-2013, 01:43 PM
I like it, it's simple in many ways but it has a lot of interesting elements. I want to know why there is are so many cities and towns on the north end but not the south end. I cant wait to see more of it!

totila64
09-29-2013, 05:33 PM
I like it, it's simple in many ways but it has a lot of interesting elements. I want to know why there is are so many cities and towns on the north end but not the south end. I cant wait to see more of it!

Hi,
thank you. The reason for there are no cities or other details but in the northern region is that its a map for an adventure in a early phase, that is players are not supposed to know too many details until they havent discovered 'em.
I'm working on a more detailed part of this region, with forests, towns and villages... Let me enough time to finish it ;)
More, Navigation indicator is not finished..