PDA

View Full Version : Techa

Sapiento
10-14-2013, 02:54 AM
A commissioned piece for a novel. This is the internet version, I also did a smaller b/w version for the print edition.

Done in PS.

- Max -
10-14-2013, 06:35 AM
NIce job, the overall color scheme is very pleasasnt.

Sapiento
10-14-2013, 07:27 AM
Thank you, Max. As many of my maps are very colourful, I wanted to do a more subtle colouring. I'm happy it came out this way.

- Max -
10-14-2013, 08:48 AM
That's works very well. Funny, since I'm doing the opposite on the second map of the monthly challenge : more colourful :D

foremost
10-14-2013, 09:16 AM
Very nice map :)

It was a little hard to distinguish which location corresponds to which race. For example, I can't tell if "Bale" belongs to Dark Elves or Humans.
However, I'm sure it can be hard to depict different types of architecture with just symbols like that, and most of the other races are very distinguished.

I like how you did the mountains, gave the middle of the map a very cozy feel.

-fm

- Max -
10-14-2013, 09:35 AM
According to the key, Bale should be human?

Sapiento
10-14-2013, 10:00 AM
Very nice map :)

It was a little hard to distinguish which location corresponds to which race. For example, I can't tell if "Bale" belongs to Dark Elves or Humans.
However, I'm sure it can be hard to depict different types of architecture with just symbols like that, and most of the other races are very distinguished.

I like how you did the mountains, gave the middle of the map a very cozy feel.

-fm

Thank you!

Bale is Human.

Diamond
10-14-2013, 12:59 PM
Outstanding work, as expected from you, Sap. I really like this one; it has a Red Epic feel to it, but not as busy (which I think is the main downfall of some of his maps), better color, great icons and layout.

Sapiento
10-14-2013, 01:43 PM
Outstanding work, as expected from you, Sap. I really like this one; it has a Red Epic feel to it, but not as busy (which I think is the main downfall of some of his maps), better color, great icons and layout.

Thank you, D! I cannot deny that I was partially influenced by Jared's work.

Ilanthar
10-15-2013, 06:31 AM
Very fine job!

Your sea is really pleasant. The global shapes gives me feeling of a very good board game map.

Sapiento
02-05-2014, 04:55 PM
The novel for which I did this map is now available: Ian Yamagata | Mark of the Remaker (http://www.remakerseries.com/)