PDA

View Full Version : Seawolf Shoals

lastofthemany
10-14-2013, 10:27 PM
This is a CC transcription of a hand drawn map I am currently using in a campaign. I initially planned on using Jon Roberts Overland style, but changed my mind due to scale and went with contours only.

Ilanthar
10-15-2013, 06:37 AM
I would have used weaker colors than your green/yellow in the middle, but the rest of the colors and the overall map is fine. Functional and pleasant at the same time.

lastofthemany
10-15-2013, 02:09 PM
I agree. They are a bit "in your face". Also, the colors seemed to blend better before I applied the inner glow to my coastlines. I'll give them a tweak and repost.

Azelor
10-16-2013, 06:02 PM
Shouldn't the yellow be ialong the coast instead ? You could try to reduce the opacity so it would blend better.

lastofthemany
10-16-2013, 11:37 PM
Ok so I got rid of the weird green on the first contour. I lightened the yellow contour and moved it up in the order to reduce the area it occupies and possibly reduce the heavy handed effect it had. I also changed the inner glow from brown to green. Let me know what you think. I could also blend from green to brown skipping yellow altogether, or mess with opacities like Azelor suggests, but I think I'm happy with this one.
I'm not familiar with hypsometric tinting that starts with yellow at sea level. I'm using the US national elevation tinting that goes from dark greens at the lowest elevations to light greens to yellows to browns to grey to white at the highest elevations.

Ilanthar
10-17-2013, 10:04 AM
That works very well for me !