PDA

View Full Version : Tylon Mountains and Kaer Kavalon

Mahar
10-21-2013, 05:37 AM
An old map with an hand-drawned draft for "personal use" with my Earthdawn table-RPG group. Eventually, i made some work with photoshop to render a little prettyer.

The first draft :

Mahar
10-21-2013, 06:10 AM
Then, the map in the actual status. I have to improve the localisation of the legend marks (Serpent river, etc.) but i am quite proud of my work, made in a hurry, without time neither great competence. 8)
I worked with the free program Serif PhotoPlus, it's not Photoshop but allows a great variety of functions.

JSP
10-21-2013, 09:15 AM
Looks good! I like what you did with the colours and digital adjustments. It is certainly a balance and I think you found it quite well.

JSP

Viking
10-22-2013, 10:45 PM
Not bad! Be careful with your text. The name of the jungles in the south east are a little hard to read :)

Mahar
10-23-2013, 03:43 AM
Thanks !

Looks good! I like what you did with the colours and digital adjustments. It is certainly a balance and I think you found it quite well.
In fact, Serif photo plus has a "burn" filter that made the most important part of the work.

Not bad! Be careful with your text. The name of the jungles in the south east are a little hard to read :)
yes, i know i have some work to improve the text readibility, and i hope i'll have time in the next days to make that work...
Nevertheless, it was not a problem that some parts of the text war nearly impossible to read, because this map was above all a gaming aid for a tabltop RPG, an ancient "treasure map", so the text hard to read make it a little more credible...