PDA

View Full Version : Which version of city map looks better for my world map?

RonnyRulz
10-30-2013, 03:06 PM
I am trying to perfect the lighting and contrast, but I've been working for so long I can't tell which looks better.

For context, I am trying to find something that fits well enough with my worldmap. The city maps don't use the same artwork at all, but I at least tried to achieve the same saturated coloring.

Ilanthar
10-31-2013, 07:38 AM
Well, that's a bit tricky because I prefer the second one (on the right) but the first one seems to have colors more close to your world map.

- Max -
10-31-2013, 07:45 AM
What bothers me is that some red buildings have a strong dark outline while some others don't have it.

RonnyRulz
10-31-2013, 01:10 PM
Thank you.

What bothers me is that some red buildings have a strong dark outline while some others don't have it.

Now that you point it out, that bothers me too.

Hopefully when I create my own maps, that problem won't be there (or I will know why that is the case.)

I don't think it has to do with all of my adjustment layers and filter effects in photoshop though. The original is like that too.
But since I will be using the same symbol set, it might happen to me too. Let's hope not!

generalhead
11-08-2013, 10:32 AM
If you are still taking votes on this I vote the latter of the two. The colors are a little too pronounced in the first map.
The second map kind of has a natural haze to it that blends the colors nicely.

Viking
12-04-2013, 12:42 AM
The second gets my vote as well.