PDA

View Full Version : DwarfHome

ranger
10-31-2013, 04:05 PM
WIP of a capital city of dwarves

So far working on the open air section of the city, it will go down many levels as i progress eventually into an "underdark"

will also do a larger scale version of the city and there will probably be many changes, but this is very good progress from me with any sort of mapping lol

ranger
11-01-2013, 04:25 PM
Finished this up at lunch

its still kinda a rough draft for a future project, but for a simple pencil map its pretty done.
thoughts opinoins on how to do better next time?
opening new thread for regional - doing the mountain region where this city is located WIP

ranger
11-01-2013, 07:31 PM
goofing off with 3d....

its kinda off at the moment it will have taller corners when i put elevation and mountain ridges in the future

arsheesh
11-03-2013, 03:34 PM
Very cool stuff Ranger, looking forward to the next update.

Cheers,
-Arsheesh

ranger
11-03-2013, 11:10 PM
lol thanks, gonna move away from teh 3d till i have more detailed maps done though, working on large scale one this next week, then going to do zoomed in scale to each of the seperate plateaus, then going to do the "anthill" parts, and then make it in 3d, but the 3d i may do, and pull into photoshop and paint over top so its not so sketchup looking
hah - i have posted the next map im doing with this series already
this is for a rpg suppliment a friend and i are working on, so its got more reason for me to actually finish and work on it...it make make me some money some day hah