View Full Version : Looking for idea or mapping elements/objects to make a trap

11-05-2013, 07:17 PM
Am running dry on ideas for a trap/Booby trap anyone got a link or map element/object for that?

11-06-2013, 04:11 AM
I don't know what program or style of map you're using, but making a really dark area would probably give you a decent pit that you can then put something over to make a partially covered pit trap. If you have any kind of rope/string/straight line drawing tool, you could also stretch a rope or string across a path to make a tripwire. I'm afraid I don't have any specific elements, but hopefully those ideas will help some :)

11-08-2013, 11:40 AM
Atm am just using maptool to make some games and its working fine but just need some more ideas for some traps.

Anyway thanks for your ideas and input.

11-08-2013, 02:46 PM
The problem with mapping traps is that if you make a nice map icon or object then the players will see the trap. One way around that with Maptools is you can have the Trap Icon as a separate object that you place on the map after they step on it.

Here are some objects and covers from my DundJinni File that could be used as trap effects. I did not make any of these, they were all posted on The DundJinni Forums by other artists.

11-10-2013, 10:11 PM
That mineshaft looks terrific! I've never seen that before...must have somehow missed it on the DJ forums. So glad you posted it here! Thanks! :)

11-11-2013, 08:59 PM
OHhhh that is so cool Bogie extremely nice long mineshaft i had a smaller shaft but i was looking for some spikes to put in it and i have looked many places for upwards spikes but just could not find any you guys now where i can find them?

Again Bogie Thanks was really helpful

11-12-2013, 12:43 AM
Sorry guys, I had to delete the mineshaft. On a second look, I realized that while I had made the shaft deeper than the original, the original was not mine to distribute outside of a map.
Copyright issues and all that.

Nor sure if these will work for you or not but it is the spikes I have in my files

11-12-2013, 09:29 AM
I have two of them already but i can use the others and Bogie am a fan of your map making you give me allot of inspiration and experience and new ideas thanks allot..

11-12-2013, 02:05 PM
Always happy to help:)

11-12-2013, 10:42 PM
Great stuff as always Bogie and now you've given me some ideas.... ;)