PDA

View Full Version : Savanna of unknown name

Lingon
11-13-2013, 03:18 AM
I know, I know, I post way too many "finished" threads and not enough WIPs… Soon I'll have time for some personal projects again, and I hope I'll be able to get something done for the November challenge, but until then, here's another commission. This one has actually been done for a little while, but the client and I just got it wrapped up today. It's for an RPG campaign, set in a large savanna populated by various types of beastmen. I had some fun painting icons for every kind (there are lots)…

Diamond
11-14-2013, 08:58 PM
Oh wow, that is awesome. I wish I could rep you, but it won't let me so soon! Too bad you don't live here, I'd hire you to paint my living room wall with one of those maps!

Sapiento
11-15-2013, 01:49 AM
Great choice of colours!

Irbis
11-15-2013, 04:53 AM
I know, I know, I post way too many "finished" threads and not enough WIPs… Soon I'll have time for some personal projects again, and I hope I'll be able to get something done for the November challenge, but until then, here's another commission. This one has actually been done for a little while, but the client and I just got it wrapped up today. It's for an RPG campaign, set in a large savanna populated by various types of beastmen. I had some fun painting icons for every kind (there are lots)…

Delightful map. But i would get rid of the texture. It blurs the details of the map (and i love those tiny details/gems)

Lingon
11-16-2013, 04:43 AM
Thanks y'all :)
@Diamond, we could make a trade! I fly over to America and paint a wall in your house, and you come here and put a Lands of Bronze-style map in mine :D
@Irbis, thanks, you have a point. The texture is mainly there to make the icons blend in better, but I guess it has it's downsides.

Diamond
11-17-2013, 10:34 PM
That would be the most epic art-trade of all time. :D