PDA

View Full Version : Norderland -

A.Woods
11-24-2013, 08:16 PM

Well it's been a long time since I have drawn a finished map, and even a longer time since I posted to this forum but I thought I might as well go ahead and post this particular map here.

Basically this is a hand-drawn map (ink & coloured pencil) of Josh Walcher's novel set in the world of Norderland, adapted from another map, found here: http://i.imgur.com/eFnDudW.jpg

Took me the better part of my afternoon this past Friday to complete. Hopefully this gets me back in the mapping mood and I can start posting a little more consistently.

Please let me know your thoughts and criticisms, I appreciate it.
Cheers!

Lingon
11-25-2013, 10:54 AM
Lovely colors! The individual elements could use a little more neatness, but overall it's quite beautiful :)

A.Woods
11-26-2013, 02:03 AM
Thanks man! I appreciate it, and I agree there are some elements that I need to refine and take some more time on getting right such as my writing.

Also I checked out your portfolio website, and was really impressed. The reason I mention this is cause I've always had it in the back of my mind of doing something similar after I was commissioned to do a few maps for friends and ending up selling a few. So I'm just curious about the process and your experience with setting up the site. Did you do it yourself or get outside help to set it up? Thanks again.

Lingon
11-26-2013, 11:06 AM
Thanks, glad you like my site :) I made it in iWeb, it's not the ultimate app so to speak but it does the trick for me ;) There's not much to say about the process really, I painted the map sections at the top like I would paint any map, made the logo in Photoshop, and then assembled it and wrote the text. IWeb is really easy to use, so unless you have that app I didn't really learn anything worth sharing :P

A.Woods
11-26-2013, 05:23 PM
Thanks for the reply, I'll take a look into iWeb. If I'm looking to make the site myself I'm definitely looking for something simple and straightforward, so it may be an option.

konrad
12-02-2013, 08:44 PM
I really like the your illustration style. It reminds me a bit of Tolkien, but it's definitely original. Nice job.

Ilanthar
12-03-2013, 12:43 PM
I like the idea of the white-green-yellow transition. It's very efficient and pleasant for locating climate/regions.

Havercakes24
12-11-2013, 09:18 PM
Map is beautiful meng, needs a little more refinement, besides that awesome job! keep up the posts.

A.Woods
12-14-2013, 01:06 AM
Thanks man! Appreciate it. Anything in particular you would look to refine specifically? I'm always looking to improve in areas that I can.