PDA

View Full Version : New Member Intro Post, By: Chris Huff/ 8 Pound Studios

8 Pound Studios
12-02-2013, 07:03 AM
Hello everyone! :)

My name is Chris Huff, I am the founder and lead designer at 8 Pound Studios. I found the site while looking for information on how to improve my Game Maps and had to join.

I hope to be helpful to any members and also love to learn how to improve my skills!

I am still a Novice map maker and really just fell in love with the the art while working on my current MMO RPG "Tsym Online"

If anyone has questions feel free to ask ;)

arsheesh
12-03-2013, 03:03 PM
Welcome to the Guild Chris! You have come to the right place to hone those skills. When I first came here I had not so much as ever used a graphics program, and remember being both blown away with the quality of artwrok featured at the Guild, and intimidated. However this is a very helpful and friendly community and after spending quite a bit of time messing around with various tutorials, I eventually gained enough confidence to create my own map. It turned out better than I would have thought possible at the time. So definitely get to know the tutorials section. I'd also recommend starting a WIP thread once you begin work on a map. This is a good way to generate constructive criticism early on, and to learn new tips and tricks to mapmaking from more experienced Guild members.

Cheers,
-Arsheesh