PDA

View Full Version : Lingon's Asian castle icons

Lingon
01-13-2014, 04:29 PM
During a commission I'm working on now, I've made some icons for a Japan-inspired setting, including three that the client didn't want, so to let them come to some use, I thought I should upload them here :) They are just very basic Asian-ish castle silhouettes that probably exist in the thousands already, but maybe someone might find them useful?

For private or commercial maps.

Edit: updated with more things below :)

Tracker
01-15-2014, 05:13 AM
Hello:

They look good.

Tracker

Sharpes
01-21-2014, 12:35 PM
Nice Lingon! I was just thinking about something to represent asian capitals/cities for my own WIP map that wasn't too complicated. Looks pretty unique to me based on the other icons I've seen around. If it's okay to use, I'm sure I could find a use for these somewhere. :) Now I just need to find something for villages, rice fields, dojos, ports, and temples/shrines...

Lingon
01-21-2014, 01:04 PM
Thanks, glad you like them :)
Sharpes, these were pretty quick to draw, so if you want, I could make a few more in the same style so you'll have a matching set, if it'd ok with you that I also post them here for everyone?

Sharpes
01-21-2014, 02:29 PM
Sure, that'd be great to see them here. Thanks :)

Jalyha
01-21-2014, 03:33 PM
I have a dojo outline somewhere... if anyone wants to see it, I'll dig it out :)

Diamond
01-22-2014, 02:08 AM
Lingon, you are a gentleman and a scholar. Those are great. And I'd love to see/use more in this style.

Lingon
01-22-2014, 09:34 AM
Jalyha: Sure, dig it out! The more icons the merrier :D

Diamond: Thanks! Technically, I'm not a scholar :P But really, thank you!

Here are some more, the ones Sharpes was looking for, plus a gate, for fun. I'm not sure about the rice fields, couldn't think of a good way of showing the silhouette…

foremost
01-22-2014, 11:01 AM
Very nice. :) I think the rice fields look fine, though
it might look similar to other crops. That's okay, because
most maps would have a nice key.

Are you going to/able to show us the map you are using
these on? It seems very interesting and I'm curious.

FM

Azelor
01-22-2014, 12:44 PM
Looking pretty nice !

Jalyha
01-22-2014, 12:53 PM
I think the rice fields are perfect!!

My dojo isn't as good (I'm horrible with buildings), and it's not the same style, but I thought you could adapt it for use?
(It's too big though?)

Azelor
01-22-2014, 01:13 PM
It look good. It too big and too complex for a world map but would be perfect on a city map.

Sharpes
01-22-2014, 07:39 PM
Looks great Lingon! Thanks for taking the time to do these. Much appreciated :)

Lingon
01-23-2014, 11:27 AM
Foremost: Thanks! Sure, I'll show the map :) It's pretty much finished now, just waiting for the final ok from the client.
Azelor: Cheers!
Jalyha: Thank you! And that's an awesome looking dojo, a bit too detailed for most maps perhaps but someone will surely find it useful!
Sharpes: No problem, I enjoyed drawing them :) I hope you'll show the map you use them in, I'd love to see it!