PDA

View Full Version : Well met

Idigina
01-28-2014, 07:56 AM
Hello and well met.

My name is Idigina, a fantasy and sci-fi enthusiast.
As I began writing and creating my own worlds, I have often tried (and to be honest, failed) to craft maps to go along with them.
So far my efforts have not been worthy enough to be shared, but I am looking forward to reading and following your tutorials.
Hopefully, I will be able to make maps decent enough to share soon.

I'm not much of a talker though, so I'll leave it at that.

- Max -
01-28-2014, 09:22 AM
Welcome to the Guild Idigina, you'll probably find some useful ressources in our Tutorials section. Do not hesitate to open a WIP thread with one of your project, you'll receive feedbacks and comments to help you there. Enjoy your stay :)

arsheesh
01-28-2014, 05:27 PM
Welcome to the Guild Idigina!

Cheers,
-Arsheesh

Tracker
01-28-2014, 07:00 PM
Hello:

Welcome to the guild. This community is an outstanding resource for learning and teaching the art and science of crafting maps.

Tracker

Idigina
02-06-2014, 08:28 AM
To be honest it's all been a bit overwhelming. I'm no graphic artist by any stretch of the word, so I'm trying to put all my free time into basic tutorials, including non-cartographic ones. It's really hard though, maybe I should have stayed with my words....

Jalyha
02-06-2014, 01:25 PM
Don't give up! You can do it. :)

It helps to post what you're working on, while you follow the tutorials. Then people can make suggestions, and help when you're stuck. (Or give encouragement!)

Idigina
02-07-2014, 05:16 AM
Pillars of Creation
A tiny spark, a flash of light
Quickly flies, sudden insight
You inspire

Pillars of Creation
Shining eyes, burning with desire,
Frenzied mind, a mental gyre
The words come

Pillars of Creation
Absorb the worlds, infused with wisdom
Dancing words, to craft a poem
We play

Pillars of Creation
Pen to paper, brook no delay
Ruled by words, held in sway
I write

Pandemonium
02-08-2014, 09:23 AM
Hi Idigina nice to meet you! That is some surreal poetry there. I'd say "It's nice" but it doesn't seem to fit, but I really like it (It's really good!). There's something about it that inspires me, great work!

Idigina
02-13-2014, 05:50 AM
Thanks. I think.

That was actually the least surreal (and least dark) poem I've written so far.