PDA

View Full Version : Jan-Feb 2014 Lite Challenge: Euclid's Tomb

Bogie
01-29-2014, 01:00 AM
Who is buried in Euclid's Tomb?

This map has at least a few triangles ( one big one ), 10-12 Circles, and about a thousand squares ( depending on how loose your definition of square is ).

The basic map is finished, next I need to add some more dungeon dressings ( not to mention his tomb ) and some labels and a scale.

### Latest WIP ###

Feedback and ideas always appreciated.

Jalyha
01-29-2014, 01:41 AM
No fair no fair no fair.

*stamps feet*

:P Kidding (sorta)

It looks great, as ever, Bogie. :) (And more complete than mine after 2 weeks :( )

I would think though, there would need to be some sort of reason for someone to build a triangular room in a rectangular dungeon, losing all that space o.o

Then again, I know nothing about dungeouns!! :D

I wish I could steaal your mosaic, though.. mine is giving me ISSUES. :)

Bogie
01-29-2014, 08:37 AM
This was originally designed as an "Old School TSR/D&D style map made with modern digital techniques".
The beauty of the old D&D maps is that they never made sense, they just were what they were.

By mosaic, do you mean floor tile? I have hundreds of them, what are you looking for?

foremost
01-29-2014, 10:01 AM
Oh, i was thinking about doing a tomb of the "Math Mummies".
Looks like you beat me to it though :P

Anyway, that's a very interesting layout and I'm sure it'll look
great. Good competition this month as a result of the half-
challenge last month!

One complaint: I need more squares! ;)

Jalyha
01-29-2014, 11:41 AM
This was originally designed as an "Old School TSR/D&D style map made with modern digital techniques".
The beauty of the old D&D maps is that they never made sense, they just were what they were.

By mosaic, do you mean floor tile? I have hundreds of them, what are you looking for?

Mosaic = Pattern. And yes, floor tiles, but it's the design in the floor tiles (circle room). You can see my half-finished (okay 1/4 finished) mosaic in my challenge thread... it's slow going, trying to place each tile by hand (except the pink marble, lol) and I was just jealous cause yours looks better already D:

Oh, i was thinking about doing a tomb of the "Math Mummies".
Looks like you beat me to it though :P

Anyway, that's a very interesting layout and I'm sure it'll look
great. Good competition this month as a result of the half-
challenge last month!

One complaint: I need more squares! ;)

Can't there be 2 dungeons in a competition? :o And yea, there's a lot more complete maps this month! it's more fun! :D

Bogie
01-29-2014, 12:34 PM
Can't there be 2 dungeons in a competition? :o

Formost can make anything he wants, there is no restriction. We have even had challenges where everyone has to start with the same shape and make a map using it.

Jalyha
01-29-2014, 12:41 PM
Ohhh that would be fun (or not?) :o I don't think I'd be able to do it, lol :P

Diamond
01-31-2014, 12:30 AM
This is looking good, Bogie. I really like that soft glow you've got coming from those wall mount thingies.

Formost can make anything he wants, there is no restriction. We have even had challenges where everyone has to start with the same shape and make a map using it.

Attack of the Blobs? Yeah, I think we need to do a Revenge of the Blobs pretty soon... :D

Bogie
02-02-2014, 02:13 AM
I had some free time after painting the bedroom so the map is finished. ( Unless I find some big mistake I missed before )

Now you have to look at the map and figure out who is buried in Euclid's Tomb, besides Euclid of course, it is his tomb after all.

### Latest WIP ###

Jalyha
02-02-2014, 02:15 AM
Your map is great because it's not just good... it's also punny :P

Ridgewolf
02-04-2014, 07:37 AM
Very crisp imagery.

Bogie
02-04-2014, 08:38 AM
Thanks, glad you like it.