PDA

View Full Version : Weird Access Issue? (Not 5 post limit)

Jalyha
01-31-2014, 09:29 PM
So I was on the Home page, and there's a stream of "random" member's maps, and usually I can click on the image and view it.

However, I clicked on one this time, it said I did not have access to view the page, and asked if I was trying to edit someone's post! :o

So I don't know if it's a bug/issue with a link, or if it's showing images publicly that are private, or if it was just a glitch, or if it's perfectly normal and I'm just an idiot. :D (It's likely). But I thought someone should know in case it was an issue? D:

kthxbai

lostatsea
01-31-2014, 10:06 PM
Perhaps You were not logged in ????

Aventhar
01-31-2014, 10:14 PM
I often have the same issue while absolutely logged in...

Zach
01-31-2014, 10:29 PM
I decided to try this out. From viewing this thread (while most definitely logged in) I clicked on the "Home" link at the top. I scrolled down and can see the random gallery map thumbnails. I clicked on one, and it showed me the page without yelling at me. I could see the image just fine. However, the vBulletin message "Welcome! The Cartographer's Guild is a forum..." was there, and checking the top of the screen showed me that I was now logged out (???). I clicked through "Forum"->"Site Tech Support"->this thread. Still logged out, and I can't post this report. I logged in again and am now able to post this.

This does happen to me quite a lot on this forum. I click on something that will bring me to some other part of the site, and it logs me out. If I hit the Back button I am logged in again with full permissions, but going forward never restores that status until I manually log in.

Is this perhaps a cookie issue? (I normally block all cookies, so next time I'll try whitelisting this site.)

Jalyha
01-31-2014, 10:32 PM
Thanks for the replies, but no, I was logged in. It even said my username:

Aventhar
02-02-2014, 12:20 PM
Yes. Thanks for the screenshot. That's exactly what happens to me too.

Midgardsormr
02-02-2014, 01:27 PM
I just gave it a try, and I got the same message on one image, but not on the others. I suspect that it is, indeed, throwing up some thumbnails from galleries that are set to private.

Jalyha
02-02-2014, 01:30 PM
Alright, that makes sense. :)

Just thought someone should know in case it mattered >.< :P