PDA

View Full Version : First Map Attempt using Tutorial

Lurid Rex
02-06-2014, 01:33 AM
My first ever attempt at a map. Found a video tutorial explaining a pdf tutorial that was written on this site. It has nothing yet except country borders which I have not included because it looks better this way. Be nice. Any tips or suggestions would also be appreciated.

EDIT: Updated the map with less Shelf effect and darkened the deeper parts of the ocean.

Nathan
02-06-2014, 03:47 AM
Well done Lurid Rex. Nice one.

Korba
02-06-2014, 04:29 AM
Looks really nice, well done.

My suggestion would be to remove the continental shelf effect from the inland seas and lakes, it looks a little odd and wouldn't exist in the real world :)

Korba

Bogie
02-06-2014, 08:32 AM
Welcome to the Guild Rex. Nice start on the map. I agree with Korba on the continental shelf drop off, especially in the lake.

Lurid Rex
02-06-2014, 08:41 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys. Fixed the shelf (I think) and just made The ocean a bit darker because sometimes when looking at it, the shelf appeared "backwards" since the shelf itself and the surrounding ocean were nearly the same shade.

waldronate
02-06-2014, 08:57 PM
Which tutorial did you use?

Lurid Rex
02-07-2014, 09:21 AM
This one. It's VERY detailed. Like, on top of how to make a map, he basically shows you how to use photoshop, so if you are already experienced with the program, it can be a bit slow at points.
Atlas Map Style Tutorial - 1 of 7 (Photoshop) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRaxI7EnX-k&list=FLIunSCcH1dGEDbWZ__qPv3g&index=2)