PDA

View Full Version : I got a tablet (HELP!!!)

Jalyha
02-08-2014, 01:58 PM
I know it's not software, but there's no "hardware" forum and I am having ISSUES.

I got this drawing tablet today (hooray) and I can't control it at all and there's no INSTRUCTIONS anywhere, and half the time it won't mark on the canvas and sometimes it makes marks when I'm just hovering trying to move to a different spot!!!

How do I FIX it?

Falconius
02-08-2014, 02:41 PM
You are going to need to provide details. Such as the make and perhaps model of the tablet, the software you are using (I'm assuming GIMP) and so forth (maybe computer OS etc.). I won't be able to help you as I've no experience with tablets but these are probably things yo'll need to provide.

Jalyha
02-08-2014, 03:00 PM
Okay It says:

"Monoprice

MP4030-TAB25
Graphic Drawing Tablet

Specifications:
Active Area: 4" x 3"
Resolution (LPI): 2540
Report Rate (RPS): 100
Pressure Sensitivity: 1024"

All the rest just looks like advertising stuff.

It had:
Pen
Pen holder
Battery
Install CD
And... the tablet (with cord)

The only instructions said run the CD, restart, plug in the tablet and put the battery in the pen.

It's WORKING but it's just all over the place >.<

Or maaybe I am...?

Llannagh
02-08-2014, 03:20 PM
Hi,

i'm currentky Not at home, so i cant help u Till tomorrow Night European Time. Plus i am Witting on a bloody ipad, which is why everything Looks weird...

There Should be options in the Hardware settings what Part of the Screen the Tablett will represent. B back tomorrow.

Jalyha
02-08-2014, 03:32 PM
Thanks!! How do I find that settings?

Larb
02-08-2014, 04:05 PM
Settings are usually under control panel.

Have you tested it in MSPaint? And does it work normally outside of gimp?

Also what version of GIMP are you using? After a brief search I came across people having trouble getting some of the monoprice tablets to work properly in 2.8 but they apparently work fine in 2.6.

Jalyha
02-08-2014, 04:25 PM
ummmmm... 2.8

I will try it in Paint.

Ooooooh thanks that sorted it.

It was doing something else entirely in paint, and not marking when I hovered so i was messing with it and there's a button on the pen right where your thumb sits and it was *moving the canvas*

And, after I realized that, I am covering the button to see if it helps.

Anddddd that l found theres button ON the drawing surface that's why sometimes it would draw without me drawing!!

gosh.

Okay, it will take some getting used to still, but at least now i know it works :P

Scoopz
02-08-2014, 10:19 PM
Are you by chance having pressure opacity problems in GIMP?

Jalyha
02-08-2014, 10:25 PM
Are you by chance having pressure opacity problems in GIMP?

Pressure opacity?? >.<

Assuming that means when I'm drawing and i push harder for shading, or I have to go slow in a certain spot and suddenly the ink gets all blobby? yes. Can you help with that? :D

Scoopz
02-08-2014, 10:35 PM
YEP! Well, probably.

Tip #1: start GIMP by clicking on the icon WITH YOUR TABLET.]

If that doesn't work go in to edit=>preferences=>input devices=>input controllers. You should see a list of the 'available controllers' and the 'active controllers', your tablet should have its own. Mine turned out to be labelled 'DirectX DirectInput', I don't know what yours will be D:. Anyways, make sure that it's activated, or reactivate it. Once that's done, restart GIMP and see if that works.

Hope this helps!

Tracker
02-08-2014, 10:56 PM
Hello:

You can go to the company's site and download some of the manuals for their products. The site is:

HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more! - Monoprice.com (http://www.monoprice.com)

good hunting

Tracker

Jalyha
02-08-2014, 11:20 PM
Thanks guys! I'll try both your suggestions, and hopefully will find a solution! ^.^

Scoopz
02-09-2014, 11:25 AM
any update on the finnicky tablet situation?

Jalyha
02-09-2014, 02:04 PM
Hey guys, I was so busy coloring I forgot to reply!!

the tablet is working great now!

I noticed a change as soon as I tried your suggestion to open gimp with the pen... for some reason it does help... like it recognizes itself better or something.

I DID find an instruction on the site, too, which also told me how to find the instructions hidden on the CD - OOPS.

Finally, while browsing some tutorials, I realized that some TOOLS in gimp have pressure opacity BUTTONS that can be adjusted :)

So now it works, I just have to learn to control it. :)

Thanks so much for the help, guys <3

xoxoxo

Llannagh
02-10-2014, 07:13 AM
Glad it worked out! Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but as mentioned, I was away.

It'S really rewarding once you've learned the controls. I look forward to seeing you create stuff with the tablet!

Jalyha
02-10-2014, 07:36 AM
Thanks Llannagh...

Now I HAVE to be productive, lol :)