PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Map a fairy tale?

Jalyha
02-17-2014, 08:12 PM
I want to see Goldilocks' path to and from the three bears house. Matter of fact, where were they ALL DAY while waiting for their oatmeal to cool?

How did that wolf get to grandma's before little Red?

And not just the fairy tales, but really all the *classic* children's tales... or those that might as well be.

Where the Wild Things Are

or Harold and the Purple Crayon.

Adult fantasies nearly always seem to have maps in the books, but children's rarely do (with some rare exceptions, like Winnie the Pooh).

I'd like to see their worlds :)

Azelor
02-17-2014, 10:29 PM
Do you mean the Disney version of it or is it open for other version of the stories?

Jalyha
02-17-2014, 10:32 PM
Any versions :o

Disney is too predictable... if we kept to just disney, it would restrict people from doing the darker, original versions, or (actually) even the other children's fantasy stories :)

So I guess more children's fantasy than actual fairytales? idk :P

Azelor
02-17-2014, 10:39 PM
The originals could be pretty grim with subjects such as cannibalism... Just saying but it does not need to be that dark.

Domino44
02-17-2014, 11:41 PM
I like the idea, there are endless amounts of spin offs that can be done off of fairy tales. :) It could be dark, whimsical, futuristic, modern…. people would just have to be creative, and there happen to be a lot of creative people here. :)

Domino44
02-17-2014, 11:47 PM
oh and side thought different elements from different stories could be combined as well. For example there could be a forest where the bears from Goldilocks story are fighting off invading wolves from a nearby forest and instead of just taking a walk the bears actually were the ones that saved red ridding hood from the wolf…. sorry I was rambling for a second… but if I was to do a map I would do it off of the Ordinary princess the best fairytale of all time. :)

Diamond
02-18-2014, 12:06 AM
This is a pretty good idea!

Jalyha
02-18-2014, 01:31 AM
Thanks guys!

I just thought people would come up with a lot for this :)

oh and side thought different elements from different stories could be combined as well. For example there could be a forest where the bears from Goldilocks story are fighting off invading wolves from a nearby forest and instead of just taking a walk the bears actually were the ones that saved red ridding hood from the wolf…. sorry I was rambling for a second… but if I was to do a map I would do it off of the Ordinary princess the best fairytale of all time. :)

"The Ordinary Princess" ? :)

schattentanz
02-18-2014, 01:37 AM
Hell yeah!

I'd love to see a map depicting the path to the castle, where the evil princess holds the kind dragon captive! :)

Jalyha
02-18-2014, 01:41 AM
There ya go! Any fairy tale will do ^.^

(I wonder how many votes would be "I like it" vs "Jalyha is crazy" if it wasn't multiple choice! :P )

Domino44
02-18-2014, 09:15 AM
The Ordinary princess is an underrated book about a princess who is cursed/blessed to be simply ordinary by her fairy godmother.

Jalyha
02-18-2014, 10:44 AM
Oh I never read it, but I just looked it up. It looks cool!

(I was all O.o because I wrote a story called "The Ordinary Princess" when I was younger and showed it to exactly 3 people. Totally different story though :P )

I think you should do itttt! :)

arsheesh
02-18-2014, 08:15 PM
I like it. This could be a winner.

Jalyha
02-18-2014, 10:01 PM
:D Thanks Arsheesh. I been thinking about it but was scared to post it cause people might think it was too.... idk.. silly? Glad people can see how AWESOME FUN it would be. :P

Scoopz
02-18-2014, 10:26 PM
I support this.

madcowchef
02-18-2014, 11:00 PM
This would be fun. I'm just going to make a lot of rivers that separate after joining, flow over hills, and have lots of islands on them... That's a fairytale right?

Bogie
02-18-2014, 11:47 PM
I like the idea to, and since it is my turn to run the lite challenge I do believe this is what I will pick.

As soon as Diamond closes out the voting poll on the current challenge I will post this one.

Now to be fair, you are not supposed to start your map before the challenge is official, so wait before starting.

Jalyha
02-19-2014, 03:15 AM
YAYYYYYYYYYYYY I win something :P
(sort of?)

Thanks for so supportive everyone ^.^

Now if only I can win an actual contest :P

Lingon
02-19-2014, 03:29 AM
Aw, that rules me out then ;) It sounds like great fun, I hope it comes back as a non-lite challenge sometime!

Jalyha
02-19-2014, 09:47 AM
Is it weird that I'm semi-offended that only half the voters think I'm crazy? :o

I'll have to try harder!

@Lingon - you could still map a fairytale, you just wouldn't be able to win? :P

madcowchef
02-19-2014, 10:40 AM
Well some of us know the rule about crazy people: No eye contact, public votes count.

Jalyha
02-19-2014, 11:11 AM
Were you looking at ME when you said that?! :o

And I can't see who voted, silly :P

Scoopz
02-19-2014, 07:44 PM
This would be fun. I'm just going to make a lot of rivers that separate after joining, flow over hills, and have lots of islands on them... That's a fairytale right?

*SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH* *SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH* *whispering* dude, keep it down.