PDA

View Full Version : Space Station 13 - NSS Exodus

Tudoreleuu
03-06-2014, 08:32 AM
Hello there! I've just joined this forum after looking at some of your best maps.
Now, while those people have skill, I'm still merely a beginner, so I went for something less artsy and more practical. I'm not really sure it fits on this forum, but I'll give it a shot anyway.

Here is an overview map of the NSS Exodus, a map used in the game Space Station 13, on the Baystation 12 branch. The map is heavily WIP, and at the moment, a bit outdated, since the whole engineering sector has changed. This map is meant to help new users get a good feel of where everything is.

Here it is: (warning: 66megapixels in size) http://puu.sh/7kZ7J.png

Now I realize it's not too great, but I'd still appreciate some feedback. If you wish, you could also have a shot at mapping the station, since I think it's a great thing to map.

ravells
03-06-2014, 05:09 PM
Very nice, Tudor. Sorry for the wait to see your post which was because it needed a moderator's approval as it was your first one and had a link in it, so we had to check it wasn't spam. I see you've posted the same material twice probably because you thought that your first post disappeared into the void! I've merged them into a single post for you.

Are you intending to detail all the single colour areas too? Welcome to the guild, btw.

eViLe_eAgLe
03-06-2014, 06:23 PM
I've played a bit of Space Station 13, it's a fun game that, and a fun platform, I haven't gotten around back to playing it again though due to other things, but eventually i'll get back to it - unless the new version of Dwarf Fortress comes out, then I won't be seen for about a month.
Anyway, ignore that, and, welcome to the guild! :)

Tudoreleuu
03-08-2014, 03:19 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome.

Unfortunately, I'm not making the detailed areas from the single-colour areas, but the other way around. Sorry for disappointing.

bighara
03-15-2014, 07:59 AM
Wow. That's an impressive map! What software are you using? I have a sci fi RPG project on the back burner and some of those icons and backgrounds would be nice for ship deck plans, etc.

AJackl
03-28-2014, 01:27 AM
This is very cool - I have been looking for a good space station design and this is the one that is closest. Excellent detail work.

Grummore
06-10-2014, 08:55 AM
Hi! While there are a lots of details, it is very hard to see where are the corridors. It's like if there was none. I wouldn't have the patience to do this kind of work (congrats), but I think I would lighten the details and focus on something more cleaner to see some of the important part of the station.

jtougas
06-10-2014, 10:44 AM
WOW... that is impressive. Have some rep :)