PDA

View Full Version : Bhurloka

Sapiento
03-16-2014, 02:41 AM
A fantasy version of India called Bhurloka done for Tab Creation's new RPG Against the Dark Yogi (http://www.tabcreations.com/site/Against_the_Dark_Yogi).
The map will be placed together with other information a poster.

Done in PS.

Lingon
03-16-2014, 05:03 AM
Really good job on this one! The labels are a bit heavy, in my opinion, but everything else is classic Sapiento awesomeness :) Congrats on the commission!

Sapiento
03-16-2014, 05:33 AM
Really good job on this one! The labels are a bit heavy, in my opinion, but everything else is classic Sapiento awesomeness :) Congrats on the commission!

Thanks!
I think the labels fit well to an Indian theme. If you ever saw a Hindu temple with all its heavy colouring you know what
I mean.
Initially we did all labels in that fancy font, but they were too hard to read at print size.

Eilathen
03-16-2014, 06:45 AM
Really nice mountains.
As often with your maps, not a big fan of the forests.
Colors are very strong...not sure if i like that...comic-y style.

Oh and some of those rivers...holy twisted-intersections Batman ^^ ...i think the members of the riverpolice will have a stroke :D But i guess that's on the client, not on you ;)
I very much like the fonts you used. Especially the indian-style gold-yellow font is real cool.

Sapiento
03-16-2014, 07:10 AM
Really nice mountains.
As often with your maps, not a big fan of the forests.
Colors are very strong...not sure if i like that...comic-y style.

Oh and some of those rivers...holy twisted-intersections Batman ^^ ...i think the members of the riverpolice will have a stroke :D But i guess that's on the client, not on you ;)
I very much like the fonts you used. Especially the indian-style gold-yellow font is real cool.

Thanks.
This style was specifically requested for this commission, and actually this is my favorite forest style.
As for the rivers: I used a physical map of India as template for them, there are really many connected rivers. I was surprised myself.

fantasymapsbt
03-16-2014, 08:17 AM
Really very nice version of India, as I like the real map (of India) a lot. Nice colors.

Ilanthar
03-16-2014, 09:21 AM
Nice map! I like your moutains and your compass! It fits nicely with the rhumb lines.
As for the colors, it's part of your style for me : strong but harmonious ;)