PDA

View Full Version : March / April Lite Challenge: Map a Government Building or Compound

Bogie
03-19-2014, 10:35 PM
The topic for the MARCH / APRIL LITE CHALLENGE IS: MAP A GOVERNMENT BUILDING OR COMPOUND

Create a map of a government building, such as "The Town Hall", "The Garrison of the King's Militia", "Precinct 149 Police Station", "The Galactic Empire's Repository of All Knowledge" or a government compound like "Fort Apache", "StoneHedge Military Prison", "Cheyenne Mountain Missile Site and Stargate Storage facility", "Official Relocation Camp" You pick the genre and location. Or mix and match, put the police station on Pern if you want to.

Please do remember to title each thread: MARCH / APRIL 2014 Lite Challenge: < your title here >

Also remember to preface each image you want to show up in the thumbnail scraper with: ### Latest WIP ### (If you don't, your map won't show up for the voters at voting time, which might hurt your chances. And the last time I tried to help, I made it worse, so you are on your own.)

The challenge will end on or about the 14th of April, after which we'll have four days of voting. The winner of this month's challenge will receive, appropriately enough, a circular silver compass, demonstrating his or her all-around wicked coolness.

Diamond
03-19-2014, 10:54 PM
Cool idea for a challenge!

Bogie
03-20-2014, 09:09 PM
Thanks Diamond, but the silence is deafening! ;) Maybe I should come up with a different idea?

ravells
03-20-2014, 09:34 PM
I think it's a terrific idea for a challenge. You should do it for the regular challenge too!

madcowchef
03-20-2014, 10:02 PM
Its a great idea. I'll be glad to participate if I can push out a couple of little projects before it.

TheHoarseWhisperer
03-20-2014, 10:19 PM
This is a good challenge idea, although I suspect it won't appeal to everyone. If I find the time, I might try and enter it myself (gotta keep getting those Silver Compasses). Maybe I could compete with Madcowchef...again.

THW

madcowchef
03-20-2014, 10:34 PM
I'll be lucky if I can put up much of a fight. If I mainline enough tutorials maybe I'll have a high enough fraction of your technical skill to make up for the rest in obsessive energy.

waldronate
03-20-2014, 11:26 PM
A blank page labeled "Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building, 01 June 1995" would be in poor taste, so that idea is out the window...

schattentanz
03-21-2014, 01:47 AM
A blank page labeled "Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building, 01 June 1995" would be in poor taste, so that idea is out the window...

Depends ... if you replace the date with some day in 1996 and create a map of this building as seen from the spirit world (with the walls still intact, spirits of the victims still at work as if nothing has happened at all), could actually turn out to become awesome ...

waldronate
03-21-2014, 02:00 AM
Depends ... if you replace the date with some day in 1996 and create a map of this building as seen from the spirit world (with the walls still intact, spirits of the victims still at work as if nothing has happened at all), could actually turn out to become awesome ...

That idea sounds like it would take both effort AND talent, though!

schattentanz
03-21-2014, 08:10 AM
That idea sounds like it would take both effort AND talent, though!

I do not doubt the existance of the required talent here in the guild ;)

jbgibson
03-21-2014, 09:18 PM
I dunno, Bogie - maybe there's a bunch of people like me who've just picked the wrong subject. I keep trying to start a thread and upload a WIP of A r e a . f i f t y . o n e ...

;)

Bogie
03-21-2014, 10:08 PM
I dunno, Bogie - maybe there's a bunch of people like me who've just picked the wrong subject. I keep trying to start a thread and upload a WIP of A r e a . f i f t y . o n e ...
;)

Oh, that's easy, I have detailed schematics and plans of Area 51 including all the Top Secr

madcowchef
03-21-2014, 10:31 PM
I keep trying to like jbgibson's post but it doesn't seem to be working.

Stopa
03-22-2014, 11:52 AM
Hopefully, I'll be able to finish my ideas to some presentable form. I'd like to participate, but time is running out and I still have almost nothing...

Bogie
03-22-2014, 12:02 PM
Hopefully, I'll be able to finish my ideas to some presentable form. I'd like to participate, but time is running out and I still have almost nothing...

Plenty of time, this just started 3 days ago, you have 3 weeks to finish it.

Raptori
03-22-2014, 01:16 PM
So does this have to be a non-existent building or can it be something in real life? I don't think I have the time to enter either way, but was just wondering :D

Diamond
03-22-2014, 01:18 PM
I would say it could be imagined or real, as long as it's a government building.

Bogie
04-14-2014, 06:04 PM
OK, Last bell. Contest will end in about 4 or 5 hours. Finish up any last minute fixes. Good Luck to all.